Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Old Colts

MGO Member Forum User

Old Colts

So my father died last year and I have been going through his guns. I found two old Colts in his office, one of them literally in a hollowed out book

I've been doing some research on the guns, but I don't know how to really establish their value. I had a couple offers, but I'm unsure about keeping or selling and want some notion for either letting them to a good home or making sure I insure them sufficiently. Any thoughts or help is welcome.

One is a Colt 1903 hammerless in .380, made in 1922. The other is a Junior Colt in .25 auto, made in 1972. Neither have boxes or paperwork, both have one magazine and fire. Thanks for any help.

Casey

PS, I have pictures, but I can't figure out how to post them here... Wow, that is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by carnouts View Post
    So my father died last year and I have been going through his guns. I found two old Colts in his office, one of them literally in a hollowed out book

I've been doing some research on the guns, but I don't know how to really establish their value. I had a couple offers, but I'm unsure about keeping or selling and want some notion for either letting them to a good home or making sure I insure them sufficiently. Any thoughts or help is welcome.

One is a Colt 1903 hammerless in .380, made in 1922. The other is a Junior Colt in .25 auto, made in 1972. Neither have boxes or paperwork, both have one magazine and fire. Thanks for any help.

Casey

PS, I have pictures, but I can't figure out how to post them here... Wow, that is weird.
    The 1903 is worth some nice coinage if it's in good condition, I would check you ID, .380 was called the 1908, 1903 would be in .32acp not .380. I could be wrong that is how I remember the history I've read. The .380 is much rarer. Still should be 1000+$ based on gunbroker.com sales. The junior colt once again depending on condition may 4-500$ or more if it's in better than average condition.

NRA Certified Instructor & Pistol Coach (since 1982)
    Life Member - NRA, DAV, IHMSA, St Pete Police Pistol Club, USPSA/IPSC
    Veteran - Korea DMZ 62~63
    Think Fast - Shoot Fast - Live to see another Day.

Quote Originally Posted by carnouts View Post

Become a paying member. You get all of the perks & help the ORG.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member Forum User
    Thanks for those links. I hadn't seen those.

Casey

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    You can upload your pics to image hosting sites (Imgur.com, for example) and then put the link in the Insert Image button on the taskbar.