Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Tokarev ammo - Identify?

I'm trying to figure out WHO made some Tokarev 7.62 x 25 ammo I'm considering buying. It's in a red plastic box from 'New Generation Ammunition' out of South Africa, and has the head stamp numbers of 11 over 83. - Just haven't been able to trace it; but I've read this company mainly bought, re-packaged, and re-sold inexpensive ammo from China or Eastern Europe. The head stamp charts I've seen don't show this combination of these two numbers. - Thanks for any insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
    I'm trying to figure out WHO made some Tokarev 7.62 x 25 ammo I'm considering buying. It's in a red plastic box from 'New Generation Ammunition' out of South Africa, and has the head stamp numbers of 11 over 83. - Just haven't been able to trace it; but I've read this company mainly bought, re-packaged, and re-sold inexpensive ammo from China or Eastern Europe. The head stamp charts I've seen don't show this combination of these two numbers. - Thanks for any insight.
    I found this "11 - Chinese State Factory at Mudanjang and part of NORINCO group. Normally found as part of a two-entry headstamp with date being the only other entry" so this would be Chinese (11) manufactured in 1983.
    I guarantee this may be correct.

Information found here - as you can see there may be another answer but I favor this one.
    http://cartridgecollectors.org/?page=headstampcodes

I am a Forum User
    I think I may have seen the same entry - and it was all I could find that gave any clue. - Thank you!