Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I can't post links yet! Forum User

Where to buy land that you can shoot on

Hello, I am planning to buy land in the west central Michigan (Muskegon and GR area) that could be a good place to shoot on.
    My biggest problem is to figure out which areas might have local regulations and ordinances that could prohibit or limit such activities.
    Can anyone recommend a map or forum thread that would show which counties/townships are gun friendly and allow shooting on your property?
    Or maybe someone knows which areas allow to do that and can point me to a specific place.
    Thanks!

MGO Member
    Don't know where. Find land and research ordnances most rural areas are ok

Real estate Search, Michigan

http://www.realestate-mls.com/search.cgi

I am a Forum User
    I live between gr and Muskegon, everyone around me target shoots in their back yards, I've taken a couple deer at my place, but I've got acreage

I am a Forum User
    I would think most any land outside of town that’s safe to shoot on would work. The more acreage and fewer neighbors, or backing up to state land to offer a buffer from neighbors the better. In my experience people that “live in the woods” tend to expect a certain amount of shooting and hunting and usually live or own land their for the same reason. Look for land that suits your needs and budget and then checkout local ordnance’s before making an offer.

I am a Forum User
    Don’t be afraid to hire a lawyer to do some due diligence for you to check local ordinances. You may also want a consultation so you know your rights in case you do but land and then the city tries to stop you from shooting on the land with noise ordinances or other baloney

A lot of small towns dare I say most over ten acres it seems you can shoot. Or buy land abutting state land and go shoot on state land.

I am a Forum User
    I had a friend just move near Wadhams which is near Port Huron and he can shoot but cannot invite friends to shoot on his land without creating a shooting club and all that is involved in that according to the local government

I am a Forum User
    Lawyers? Are you ******** me? A smart buyer would retain an Accredited Buyer Representative (Realtor) to represent their interests. Paying an attorney to research prospective purchase is really not cost effective. Who in their right mind would expect to be able to shoot in a city to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
    Lawyers? Are you ******** me? A smart buyer would retain an Accredited Buyer Representative (Realtor) to represent their interests. Paying an attorney to research prospective purchase is really not cost effective. Who in their right mind would expect to be able to shoot in a city to begin with?
    I think he was using city as in local government. Not the city as in built up part of town in a city or town of 20,000 people. It's colloquial.

If someone from bfe hears city they think 100 000 people or more.

Someone from the outer ring burbs city can be quite small they are just saying local government.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast