Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Norinco 7.62x39 trade value?

I have a buddy who’s wanting some ammo that i no longer have a use for and has some Chinese 7.62x39 in yellow and green boxes. We figured out manufacturing plant and year from headstamps but can’t find any info on what it’s even worth. The info on the yellow boxes are also back and forth as to wether they may or may not be ap and I haven’t cut one up yet(they attract a magnet but it still may be a lead core) to find out. Any info would be appreciated,we already know the value of what i have that he wants and just want to do a fair trade with him.

MGO Member
    40/50 cents around

Quote Originally Posted by mr44 View Post
    40/50 cents around
    This

Even though that yellow box stuff says non-corrosive don't trust it. It's not as bad as the copper washed true corrosive but it can haze a bore or rust a muzzle device.
    Shot tons of all three in the 90's. Still have some paper wrapped strippers of '53 copper washed. Still good to shoot but do a corrosive cleanup.
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by postban View Post
    Even though that yellow box stuff says non-corrosive don't trust it. It's not as bad as the copper washed true corrosive but it can haze a bore or rust a muzzle device.
    Shot tons of all three in the 90's. Still have some paper wrapped strippers of '53 copper washed. Still good to shoot but do a corrosive cleanup.
    I appreciate that,i have heard that before and if i do pick up a rifle I’ll be sure to go that route.

Buy the steel can surplus solvent for them, and clean them up good!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by greg531 View Post
    Buy the steel can surplus solvent for them, and clean them up good!
    Thanks but it’s long gone,appreciate the info