Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    It looks nice to me . I shot a Browning years ago and the only problem was the hammer would pinch the web of my hand . The video I watched mentioned they had fixed the "slide pinch" problem , not sure it that's the same . It does look nice to me though , good job Springfield .

Jack

MGO Member
    Come on, just because a few people still carry it doesn't make it less obsolete. There is a reason most police and militaries switched to something more modern.

Putting a modern spin on an old design may make it more palatable but it's still an obsolete design.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    Come on, just because a few people still carry it doesn't make it less obsolete. There is a reason most police and militaries switched to something more modern.

Putting a modern spin on an old design may make it more palatable but it's still an obsolete design.
    You are misusing the word of obsolete. It fell out of favor but its no less obsolete with a few tweaks than a sig p226, 1911, etc. Poly 9mm are an improvement only if you sweat cost and weight. If you have $1,000 or more to spend and don't care about weight there is no case to even buy a poly 9mm.
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 10-26-2021 at 03:17 PM.

I am a Forum User

I’m seriously curious what makes it obsolete? It shoots a modern effective cartridge accurately, reliably and safely as any of the modern designs

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    I’m seriously curious what makes it obsolete? It shoots a modern effective cartridge accurately, reliably and safely as any of the modern designs
    Nobody considers the 1911 obsolete, yet it's direct offspring is now an antiquity and curiosity. Odd, that.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    There is a reason most police and militaries switched to something more modern..
    That would be the incredible discounts and trade-in value offered by the manufacturer due to volume sales and or lack of spare parts for existing firearms. If I had to put a reason to it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Nobody considers the 1911 obsolete, yet it's direct offspring is now an antiquity and curiosity. Odd, that.
    looks like you didn't read my post in this thread my friend. I answered the question..

I missed the boat on a Hi-Power when Browning ceased production. Not really wanting a used one & the Regent type clones just never did it for me.

This one is more interesting. Would like to see some front & backstrap checkering. Fiber optics would be nice too. For the price though, seems like a decent pistol
    if just for nostalgia. If I could find one tomorrow for $600, I would buy it it.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Yeah but the 1911 is a 45 which is a far better self defense cartridge than the puny 9mm. The 1911 will never go out of style.

I equate this new SA P35 like I do modern clones of the M1 carbine. Modern clones look like the original but don't have the same value or cache' as the original.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    I have to give Springfield Armory the kudos for a bold move into the market with the Hi Power. It is a risky decision but let us wait and see that market response.
    Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the hi power and I have one that I personally customized with Cylinder and slide parts. But that is kind of a hobby / range gun. Very accurate and fun to shoot, however the Hi Power is not a 1911, Repeat the Hi Power ISNOT a 1911.. It some how is one DNA or 2 less than the 1911. That is why the 1911 design survived all these years and was accepted by millions in its original format or in any newer format by the cloning companies (Springfield included).. The Hi power lacks in the DNA to the 1911, mostly from its overly simplified trigger mechanism that leaves a lot to be desired from the tactile assertive trigger reset (that every one is used to now a days) to the crisp clean break, to the light poundage.. Unless Springfield does some re-engineering in that regard.. I already see that they have a nicer set of sights and 1911-nish thumb safety going in the right direction, but I doubt if they are willing to venture with extended beaver tails and revised trigger mechanisms..

With all of this I wish them the best of luck to bring a classic gun that people might be interested in for owning a piece of the heritage.

NB: I already do not like their choice of grips .
    Cant give you figures but i believe the Hi Power has been issued to more military and police units around the world than the 1911, truly combat proven in its own right.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast