Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: 1911 VALUE

1911 VALUE

I have like new in box with all factory stuff. Been fired once when I bought it
    a couple years ago. Safe queen now.

SIG SAUER, "WE THE PEOPLE" 1911 in 45 ACP (Very Patriotic)

Really rather have something I would carry or shoot every day. Have my eye on
    a couple different firearms, so, some $$$ would be nice.

Not wanting to gouge anyone, just like to get a 2021, "I WANT THIS GUN", price on this pistol. No longer made.
    Pretty cool as a display piece if you're in to that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Though most firearms makers seem to jump on "commemorative" or specially marked, "limited edition" offerings, my experience
    with this trend is people buy them, don't use them , or shoot them very rarely, then think in a few yrs (?) they'll greatly increase in value,
    because of their "rarity". Winchester did this with their Model 94 for many years, & special editions. It was fairly common to see these special editions
    be sold, at prices near what a standard, shooter grade rifle would sell for, in my experience, looking @ guns for sale. I used to subscribe to Shotgun News,
    to keep abreast of prices (back in the 80's) and seemed like Win. made a new , ltd. edition, model 94 every few months.

I believe you're going to find that if you sell your 1911, it's price will be the same as other Sig 1911's..
    In other words, the logo won't add any additional value to your pistol. Maybe your experience will be different.
    I wish you good luck in your sale.

MGO Member
    I would agree with joepistol's comments. I've been shooting and collecting 1911s for a long time now and seldom see the basic commemorative editions really gain value.

You could just shoot it and develop honest patina that will be yours. Often (usually) the memories are worth way more than the resale value.

Jim

MGO Member
    Here is one that received "no bids" back in September, starting bid was $1,599.99

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/910665640
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Google searched showed $895, consistently for used ones. I'd think you'd have luck in that price range.

MGO Member
    It has the fact it's regarded as a good 1911 working in its favor. It has the silly finish and adornments, plus external extractor, working against it. Maybe you can find someone who doesn't care, or even wants, the "special edition" aspect, but I think that's going to be the exception rather than the rule among buyers. Otherwise, you're going to have to eat some value due to that aspect, as it isn't going to be a positive for most buyers. I'd think you would find buyers who could look past the cosmetics at $700ish range. Or hold out for that one person somewhere who wants this.

I do appreciate your opinions. I was thinking of listing it for $1k. After all, the market is still a mess, & it is like new. I would pay that for one if I wanted it. 1911's are still hard to come by. I haven't had a chance to shoot it much, but I have/ have had other Sig 1911's & they are great guns in that price point.

I have no problem keeping it.

https://truegunvalue.com/pistol/1911...new/1#newItems
    Last edited by DEVIL DOG; 11-14-2021 at 01:09 AM.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING