Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

AR15 BCG inspection

YouTube called it the "worst BCG Autopsy"

I'm no expert but it seemed pretty good to me. What did I miss?

I am a Forum User
    its not the autopsy thats the worst, hes saying this is the worst bolt he's seen

I am a Forum User
    Did you listen to his explanation in the video of the out of spec dimensions of the bolt ?

I found his description of the issues he found & the explanation of how these affect proper function to be very easy to understand.
    The video improved my understanding of how gases passes thru an AR for it to function reliably.

Thanks for posting the video, tenthumbs.

I agree, it's the worst bolt (so many finding out of spec) not a bad job on his autopsy of the parts..actually a very good description of his examination.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    Did you listen to his explanation in the video of the out of spec dimensions of the bolt ?

I found his description of the issues he found & the explanation of how these affect proper function to be very easy to understand.
    The video improved my understanding of how gases passes thru an AR for it to function reliably.

Thanks for posting the video, tenthumbs.

I agree, it's the worst bolt (so many finding out of spec) not a bad job on his autopsy of the parts..actually a very good description of his examination.
    wish those gauges were available for a decent price... would make identifying issues easier. I had a BCG that everything looked ok, but the damn gas key leaked like a seive. would short stroke. did a redneck pressure test on the key and found the issue after looking at 2343223453324 other things trying to pinpoint the problem. from a very reputable company also. complained, sent it back, and got one that works like a champ now.

The gauges are just pin gauges which you can buy in sets or individually.
    It seems like every time there is a run on AR-15 parts that a lot of junk parts get through. I have a lemon of a carrier from around the AWB time frame that only works if the upper is overgassed. Never tried to figure it out past putting a new key on it and swapping bolts. I likely have all the pin gauges to check it out but it seems like the bolt tail passage is over sized.

I am a Forum User
    He lost me at “Weapon”…

Quote Originally Posted by MSUICEMAN View Post
    its not the autopsy thats the worst, hes saying this is the worst bolt he's seen
    Well hell! I took it to mean the info was inaccurate or useless.

Makes more sense your way. lol