Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Illuminated scopes with astigmatism

So I have a vortex stroke fire II, it is blury because of my astigmatism and bought it not knowing that was a thing. Live and learn.

I've tested some prism red dots and like they said it did not blur.

So is this possible to achieve on a 3x9x40 or similar illuminated scope?

For example the hawke unit I was looking at online was LED technology, so it's unclear (pun intended) if it would appear crispy clean.

MGO Member
    My experience is that the real scopes shouldn't blur. I have astigmatism and the red dots do blur.
    I have many illuminated reticle scopes and use all w/o problems.
    Jim

Also have an astigmatism. All of my red dot sights have a blur of a dot to some degree, but the actual rifle scopes with some magnification (including the 1-4.5x where at 1x it's not magnified) seem to be a clear dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    Also have an astigmatism. All of my red dot sights have a blur of a dot to some degree, but the actual rifle scopes with some magnification (including the 1-4.5x where at 1x it's not magnified) seem to be a clear dot.
    Good to know, I guess I don't understand my eye vs hologram, versus the other technologies and what's going on.

I am a Forum User
    An Etched reticle or Laser Holographic (think Eotech) are preferred for people with astigmatism. Etched reticles with illumination put light on the reticle. A red Dot as you describe in your OP is typically not ideal for people with astigmatism.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
    An Etched reticle or Laser Holographic (think Eotech) are preferred for people with astigmatism. Etched reticles with illumination put light on the reticle. A red Dot as you describe in your OP is typically not ideal for people with astigmatism.
    I checked out a couple vortex prism red dots they looked awesome. I think they may have been etched. I would have to look up the pictures I took of the models.

I am a Forum User
    I've never used a red dot scope but have had experience with Aimpoint red dot sights . It seems to work best for me if the dot is no brighter that what you need to see it . For me it works even better if the dot is faint enough to almost "see through" it , sort of a ghost image if you will .

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
    This, I have a few PA etched reticle optics, and both are crystal clear when turned on.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    I had a few holo sites i had to go through because of my astigmatism and i now have a holosun 510C and an Eotech 512 and both work great for me. Red dots tend to cause a “squiggle line” and they just don’t work for me

MGO Member Forum User
    Now, I have trouble with astigmatism "flaring" using Eotech holographics, which is frustrating because I like them. If I keep the power low, I can use red-dots and etched reticle scopes. ACOGS seem to work okay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast