Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MGO Member
    Start selling interesting stuff. Where did all the vintage S&W and Colt revolvers go? The police/foreign surplus 9mms? Lever guns at reasonable prices (not every model 94 is a $1k gun, folks). Most days it’s Glock, low-end AR pistols, and the occasional Taurus revolver.

It is no fun browsing listings where most of the offerings are stuff you could buy at Dunham’s and the prices are retail-like despite the guns being used.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    1. Allow people to reply to ads with "I'll take it" or PM sent
    2. Allow all forum members to bump their ads every 3 days
    3. Put a feedback rating system in place that shows in your avatar box
    4. Hold people accountable for screwing up transactions with forum penalties.
    Ummm, that sounds like it will fall to the hands of Moderators. I already have an unrelenting stream of hate mail for enforcing the forum rules. As a volunteer, I'm not willing to play judge & jury for every squabble which arises between private parties during a transaction.
    We already get a lot of requests, complaints, instructions on how we should handle disputes. The current system, in my opinion, works just fine. The sale is between two private parties. If it goes south, work it out, post feedback (Feedback DOES need to be improved substantially), hire a lawyer, tell your friends, but keep us out of it.
    I've been buying and selling here for a long time, I vet the other person as carefully as I can, pass on anything/anyone questionable, and have only really met one squirrel during all this time.
    That said, of the hundreds of transactions in which I've been a party, only a handful of people have taken the time to post feedback. Feedback only works if we use the system.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

People should start donating $1.00 for each item selling on MGO.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Excellent idea! Everyone pays, but it is not an exorbitant amount. It generates a small revenue stream which could be specifically for improving the forum.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Yeah take the armslist method......

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    1. Allow people to reply to ads with "I'll take it" or PM sent
    Yeah, that's just what we need. Let the dopey price police reply how they can buy what you're selling for $1.15 less somewhere else.

2. Allow all forum members to bump their ads every 3 days
    Why let the freeloaders swarm the website and have the same benefits as paying members. Sounds like something Nancy Pelosi would come up with. Maybe MGO could pay the freeloaders $25 a year to come here and sell their stuff.
    No special benefits = paying members saying, "Why should I pay?'

3. Put a feedback rating system in place that shows in your avatar box
    We already have a place for feedback. If people are too dense or lazy to use it, shame on them

4. Hold people accountable for screwing up transactions with forum penalties.
    You'll probably have to start paying the MGO staff more for having to endure all the pain and headaches that would cause.
    They'd have to make the MGO "government" bigger to help protect those incapable of protecting themselves.
    Sounds like another plan Nancy would come up with.
    In the 15 years I've been here, I've only had 2 jerk experiences. That was early on. Then I started taking the time to read seller or buyer's previous posts, check the feedback section and converse with them over the phone. That can give one a pretty good idea what caliber of person they're dealing with.
    Name:  caveat-emptor.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  52.0 KB
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

Quote Originally Posted by .38special View Post
    Yeah take the armslist method......
    Armslist wants $6 a month for personal and $30 a month for Businesses, $25 a year is a bargain and bump every 24hrs and other selling perks.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I knew it would be a non-paying member bitching about a dollar.

Funny thing is if ya take out an ad in a newspaper (privately owned property) you pay for the privilege of using the newspaper to reach their readers (potential buyers of what you are selling).

So what makes the MGO marketplace any different? And why should folks complain about paying for using that marketplace just like they would pay to use a newspaper's ad section? And if using the marketplace is a perk of MGO membership then ya already did pay. If it isn't a perk of membership then I don't think it is unreasonable for MGO to charge a nominal fee.
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

I knew it would be a non-paying member bitching about a dollar.
    Hahahaha!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast