Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

***Officially OPPOSED by MGO*** HB 5658 of 2021 - Require a 7-day waiting period for all firearm purchases

HB 5658 of 2021
    Weapons: firearms; 7-day waiting period for all pistol purchases; provide for.
    Last Action: 12/29/2021 bill electronically reproduced 12/29/2021
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

At face value, they meant to impose a 7-day waiting period for all PISTOL purchases, but they goofed-up…(or did they mean to include long guns?)...

A seller of a firearm shall not deliver the firearm to the purchaser of that firearm until at least 7 days after the date the sale of the firearm is completed. A person that violates this subsection is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 90 days or a fine of not more than $2,500.00, or 2 both.
    This includes private sales the way it is written. Yeah, right!
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Because waiting periods in the 10+ states that have them have reduced violent gun crimes and murders to 0.

%100 Democrat sponsored, not that it makes much difference.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I think all of the new gun control legislation has been referred to Beau LaFave's committee. I don't believe they will get a vote.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

MGO Member
    Yeah. Give private seller cash. Hope seller meets up in a week. What a bunch of nonsense.

MGO Member
    Oh geez, instead of offing a PITA at work you can't buy a new gun.
    Oh well, you could just use one of the other 50 guns you own.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    I can see it now.... hundreds of people being beaten to DEATH with baseball bats because you can buy them a Wal-Mart anytime of the day or night.

MGO Board of Directors

The Michigan Gun Owners Board of Directors have voted to officially OPPOSE this bill.

Very good!
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast