Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The 380 was arguably used by the majority of police in the world than any other cartridge until recently.

I often carry a Seecamp in my pocket chambered in 380 although I am thinking of changing that chambering to a 9mm Kurz to see if it gives it a little more respect
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    I carry a walther ppk/s in 380, I like the size and weight for concealed carry at work, I practice with it regularly and can hit 75%at 25 yards shooting at a silhouette steel
    I'm about the same with my model 36 38special that I carry on the weekends. I believe any gun is deadly, in the right hands

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    The 380 was arguably used by the majority of police in the world than any other cartridge until recently.

I often carry a Seecamp in my pocket chambered in 380 although I am thinking of changing that chambering to a 9mm Kurz to see if it gives it a little more respect
    But, you do realize that the 9mm Kurz is the Rodney Dangerfield of calibers, right? You're much better off just sticking to the much more highly respected, and respectable, .380 acp.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    The OP is looking at things backwards. People didn't carry the 380 because of the cartridge, they carried it because of the smaller guns chambered for it. I remember the days when a PPK was considered a small carry gun. Now, with all the micro 9mms, there's no reason to restrict yourself to a 380.

I am a Forum User
    For concealed carry ya just can’t beat a LCP .380. Size and weight make it my spring, summer and fall carry. Ya just gotta know it’s limitations
    Most of my summer clothes consists of shorts and tank tops or t shirts. And in my job I carry cause I’m in the lovely city’s of Detroit, Inkster, Warren, Flint. So I carry for work. But when I work I’m bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching and going up and down ladders so light weight and small is great. I did just pick up,a Ruger Ec9s a week ago to use as my winter carry. It’s only a little bigger and a bit heavier then the LCP. So it should carry well in winter clothes. If I like it I will most likely try it as my spring and fall carry as well.
    I do feel better when I know I’m carrying a 9 vs my .380. I need to get rangentime in with my new Ruger.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Sniper View Post
    For concealed carry ya just can’t beat a LCP .380. Size and weight make it my spring, summer and fall carry. Ya just gotta know it’s limitations
    Most of my summer clothes consists of shorts and tank tops or t shirts. And in my job I carry cause I’m in the lovely city’s of Detroit, Inkster, Warren, Flint. So I carry for work. But when I work I’m bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching and going up and down ladders so light weight and small is great. I did just pick up,a Ruger Ec9s a week ago to use as my winter carry. It’s only a little bigger and a bit heavier then the LCP. So it should carry well in winter clothes. If I like it I will most likely try it as my spring and fall carry as well.
    I do feel better when I know I’m carrying a 9 vs my .380. I need to get rangentime in with my new Ruger.
    Go with your EC9s. I got into the habit of carrying my LCP for a couple months when I was visiting my dad in the hospital after his stroke. It was just more comfortable sitting around in the hospital than my LC9s. Eventually I went back to pocket carrying my LC9s. It's my EDC gun for the last couple years. I find it more comfortable and accurate to shoot than my LCP. Having said that I would carry a 380 if that's all I had.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    ... even rifle rounds need a center mass or CNS shot to immediately incapacitate someone. Even then that doesn't always happen. ...
    except of course the .30 right? because EVERYONE KNOWS that the US screwed up when they got away from the .30s (.308 and .30-06) rounds and went to the .223/5.56, we've lost every war we've been in...

why, a mere breeze from a .30 cal out to 1,000yds is enough to cause the human body to just dismember itself... ive heard it said, MANY TIMES!

I am a Forum User
    I have an old .380 Hi Point that I keep handy. It’s an old beater, ugly and dirty. But over the last 20+ years I have all the first time shooters I take out use it. My son, DIL, nephews, Nieces, all learned to shoot using that gun first. It shoots like a cream puff. Those old Hi Points are heavy
    So when you put a .380 in there it just shoots well. So I can start someone with that and let them get comfortable with shooting, then I can move them up to my 9mm Hi Point. Then up to others. Funny, everyone likes my little LCP but after firing a couple rounds….no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Stanley always carried a PPK's 24/7.
    Are we talking about Knox again?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    The OP is looking at things backwards. People didn't carry the 380 because of the cartridge, they carried it because of the smaller guns chambered for it. I remember the days when a PPK was considered a small carry gun. Now, with all the micro 9mms, there's no reason to restrict yourself to a 380.
    I understand the feeling - "more power good" with a Tim Taylor grunt. But other than price of ammo for practice, I respectfully disagree on the small 9's. My LCP Max weighs in at 11oz and it disappears in wallet holster in the summer and iwb in the winter. No 9mm micro will do that and all weigh significantly more. Not to mention I can draw from IWB and in under 10 second put all rounds into a 8" paper plate @ 10yds.. minute of bad guy enough for me. Since I read the average encounter is under 10' (let alone 30) -- not to worried about accuracy and 10 rds will let me exit the situation in most cases I believe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast