Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Lost CPL Replacement Oakland County Michigan

Good morning.

What is the procedure for obtaining a lost CPL? I went on your website and couldn't find anything. I tried to call the number provided and it was an endless loop of nothing that pertains to a replacement much less any fees involved. I also read on your website that you are closed.

Please help!

From: Vital Statistics Department Clerk/ROD <clerkvital@oakgov.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2021 12:04 PM
    To: CPL <CPL@oakgov.com>
    Subject: FW: Lost CPL Card

If you need a replacement CPL, AND Oakland County issued you can get it one of two ways:

Mail a written request to us along with a copy of your ID and $10 check or money order to:
    Oakland County Clerk – Vital Records, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd Dept 413, Pontiac MI 48341

We will then mail it out to you within two business days. Please be aware, the post office is slower than normal these days.

You can make an appointment to pick it up in person: Make an appointment online at: www.oakgov.com/vitals, or call 248-858-0571, option #3. Bring your driver's license and $10 fee. It will be printed while you wait.

CPL – Vital Records
    Oakland County Clerk’s Office

MGO Member
    Well that’s pretty convenient!

I am a Forum User
    While I didn't lose mine I did lose my pin for getting my renewal online. I sent them an email and had a new pin the same day. And it only took a few days from the time I submitted the renewal form and money to when I received a new CPL card in the mail.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by skinl19 View Post
    While I didn't lose mine I did lose my pin for getting my renewal online. I sent them an email and had a new pin the same day. And it only took a few days from the time I submitted the renewal form and money to when I received a new CPL card in the mail.
    You can also call the MSP CPL line and they will help you with your PIN.