Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Once you crush the priming compound and bend the anvil it’s often unlikely you will get the cartridge to fire. Center fire is not like rimfire where you can rotate the round in the chamber for another crack at it.
    Is it possible the case length is a bit short and the cartridge isn’t headspaceing right or maybe the primers are seated a bit high?
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    " Is it possible the case length is a bit short and the cartridge isn’t headspaceing right or maybe the primers are seated a bit high? "

By the time this was posted, I'd already pulled all the rds. apart. The rds.were, I believe, factory rds., not reloads.
    Didn't measure them, but all were the same OAL, very close to the OAL of my hand loads, as they were in the same box, and the same height.
    No primers were seated high..or not noticeably high. Sitting rds on a flat surface, any high (not fully seated) primers wouldn't sit "flat".

I believe the powder/primers were in some way contaminated by moisture..the clumped powder being a solid clue, and the primers not going off, another.
    The 3 primers I removed did "pop" when hit by a hammer. I'm chalking it up to one of life's mysteries, as to how moisture could get inside a rnd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12