Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

My great experience at Cabelas

Got a $50 gift card to one of my least favorite places, Cabelas. Huge building full of overpriced gear and guns. Decided we were bored enough that we would take the hour drive to Chesterfield Township (basically at the east end of 20 mile rd, M59)to see how little I could buy with my gift. This was my first time to this newer built store. I was really surprised at the taxidermy and how much better it was than the Dundee location. Decided to visit the gun counter. They had Anderson lowers for $55 so I decided to get one. Scanned a QR code on a sign to get in line. They text you when it is your turn so you can shop while you wait. Place was almost dead on New Year Day so I waited 4 or 5 minutes. I asked if the lower in the case was still available, he said they have a stack of them in the back I'll get you one. Great Vietnam Era Vet. Did all the paperwork on a laptop right there. Then when checking out two other clerks reviewed the paperwork to ensure there wouldn't be any future issues. I've had enough of that with Dunham's when $80 Mosins were plentiful. All great guys, great atmosphere, and a really great price. All the other items I looked at like AR parts were on par with the good deals I see locally. Impressed.

Are you sure you were in a Cabela's Store? That does not sound typical of any experience I've had or read about.

I was there the week before Christmas, it was pretty busy but I would say his description at chesterfield store was accurate.

I am a Forum User
    I used to enjoy the pick your price ammo. When it was readily available, you could find the same round in two or three places on the shelves, all with different pricing.