Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Ammo Caliber And Type Can And Will Be Used Against You

An interesting little blurb from USCCA about how prosecutors will use any dirty little "fact" to smear you.

This is why you have Shyster on tap.

I have heard many of these sort of things from beware of dog signs, to what ammo, to what logo, to custom triggers, etc etc but I never see it in the news. I never see a summary of it, or how it played out, just thats its maybe a thing.

I've never worried about it much because I suppose I should then sue the person who sold it to me, or the state for letting me have it right ? I mean if its legal its legal. Maybe the state will owe me $50 million bucks.

MGO Member
    This seems an issue at the extremes more than anything. ZombieKiller ammo, politically inflammatory engraving on your piece, grossly atypical caliber selection, stuff like that, seems like a great way to invite more questions and for no good reason.

HST vs GoldDot vs RangerT vs Silvertip isn’t likely going to be an issue.

This has more to do with where you live than what ammo you are using.

I am a Forum User
    Nowhere in the OP's video do they ever say that the ploy was successful, only that it was used.

MGO Member
    "Ammo Caliber And Type Can And Will Be Used Against You"

If the prosecuting attorney decides to charge you, you can bet they will use every single thing they can think of against you, whether it makes sense or not. I suppose if they attack your choice in ammunition, it's just one more thing your lawyer will have to take into consideration.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

If ammo choice was a thing, they would have to demonstrate you did it with malice, with intent, with forethought. Where as I buy on price, convenience.

I bought what was available and cheap, just like my house, car, shoes, jacket. I didn't *****g have these custom made. And asked for them to be double extra killy.

CCW insurance company telling you you could get in trouble for the wrong ammo or caliber. 'But act now and get our insurance, an we can help you if it happens!!!!!!'.
    Doesn't sound like a sales ad at all.
    Reminds me of the age old urban legend that hand loads will get you thrown in jail. Yet when you ask to show any proof of that actually happening going all the way back to ball and cap- crickets; crickets; crickets.
    Aside from state law dictating what type of ammo you can have; magazine capacity; and caliber max for carry (I remember when Ok banned .50 cal handguns)- it's all conjecture.
    A slimy DA tried to nail Paul Harrell for using a 10mm in his SD incident, but it wasn't successful.
    If you're LEO, maybe it's a different story. But AFAIK, a good shoot is a good shoot. A bad shoot is what gets your ass in a sling in both criminal and civil court.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Didn't the prosecuting attorney in the Rittenhouse case try and use the fact that he used FMJ rather than holw points and made his decision to shoot more dangerous because of overpenetration?
    Thought about the states that outlaw hollow point ammunition.
    I guess no matter what you use, they will try and hold it against you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast