Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

PRS Rifle with some bench rest use

Looking to upgrade from my current setup.

Will be shooting 6.5 creedmoor a lot (have a ton of ammo stashed for it) so not looking to change calibers at the moment.

Narrowed it down to a Masterpiece Arms PMR or a Defiance's Badrock Southfork rifle

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa...etition-rifle/

https://badrockrifles.com/#!/southforkintro

Any thoughts from those more experienced on the subject?

I am a Forum User
    Badrock/Defiance just not in the MDT LSS chassis. Put it in the ACC. Much more versatile in a PRS setting and offers you a fair bit more flexible configuration later down the road.
    I'm a fan of MPA, but I'd consider GAP's PPA in your research / search as well if yuou're looking for someting off the shelf that would work in the Production Division.
    For your final monkey wrench, cry once: Don't shoot Production, and get a Lone Peak Fuzion, spin up a Bartlein, Criterion, or Brux barrel and drop it in an MDT/MPA/whatever chassis of your liking paired with a TT Diamond, or another trigger of choice.

Happy Shooting!

*edit* They don't offer the southfork in an ACC chassis so that's kind of a null point I guess. KRG would also work.

Where do you / are you plannning on shooting PRS? And why the production class versus open or tac?
    Last edited by Quads; 01-07-2022 at 11:48 AM.

MGO Member
    I jumped the gun (got tired of going back and fourth between it and the MPA), ended up ordering the badrock in the MDT. Not a fan of the KRG stock, and I looked at the pricing, if I wanted to build a similar rifle (defiance southfork barreled action, plus MDT ACC, plus triggertech) Im looking at $3000+. Figure I can always run it, learn PRS, then if I need to upgrade, sell the MDT LSS and upgrade to the ACC.

I looked at GAP PPR and unfortunately they're done taking orders for the year (had to order last sept to get one this year), which was the tipping point for me as well. Sucks to have missed the boat. I have no rifle now, and the lead time from badrock is likely still quicker than what it will take me to get a replacement from beretta for my tikka.

Im planning on taking some courses at MTC as soon as they open back up, then figuring out the rest from there. I shoot at blue water now, going to try a few of their longer range events too. I have an Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 for this as well, along with a few different MDT mags and an AICS mag to try, and an Erik Cortina barrel tuner/muzzle device combo, so should be good to go for PRS production class.

Just need to figure out if I want the folding stock adapter or not. With it being a 26" barrel, plus the barrel tuner, I have a feeling that its going to cutting it close to the overall length on the pelican case Ive got now.

I am a Forum User
    The badrock in the MDT will shoot lights out. Defiance does badass work. They get excellent reviews across the board. And if/when you shoot that barrel out, easy to spin up another. R700 footprint, so options are pretty wide open. I'm just not a huge fan of the LSS chassis (personal preference) as it limits you a bit down the road. Not a horrible option, though. I had one for a short while and swapped it out for an XRS and have an ACC on another rifle.
    I had no idea GAP was done with orders for the year. I know everyone is crazy backlogged so that's why I suggested just getting an action, barrel, and putting one together. MPA last I heard for complete rifles was 6 to 8 months.
    MTC is tops in the Midwest for training and matches. I'm a member and shoot there regularly. Look me up if you want when you head that way. Or if you take Bob's match prep course or shoot the warm up match, shoot me a message and we'll connect up that way. The LR1, 2, 3, etc courses are also tops. All the PRS guys that shoot the regular matches up there are super helpful. I shot some of my first matches there.
    Regarding the folder, I've got one with, and one without. I rarely fold it. But I also started with long cases where I didn't need to fold them to transport them in shorter cases. Cases are cheap though if you needed to get another and didn't go the folder route.
    MDT is pretty good about info on the site with regards to measurements, etc. Shoudln't be too hard to look at the specs on the chassis and figure out if it will fit with the 26" barrel. Mine fit with a fat******* brake on the end which is about the same as the EC Tuner as far as length.

I just had a flashback of FEMA training after reading this thread! lol
    Active airport shooter

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    I just had a flashback of FEMA training after reading this thread! lol
    Based on my impatient responses?
    Last edited by AleksanderSuave; 01-08-2022 at 05:49 PM.

MGO Member
    Quads anything in particular you like more about the ACC? My understanding is the arca rail being part of the stock and the additional slots for adding weight and customizing where that weight goes is the biggest differentiator for the ACC vs the LSS XL Gen 2 in the badrock setup (with the srs stock). Plus the straight pistol grip instead of slanted/angled.

Only thing I’m unhappy about is learning that the rifle ships with the “long” LOP buttstock configuration and that would only work for giants after adding the folding stock adapter. As it stands, the short SRS mdt stock is sold out everywhere too. I’ve got an email in to them asking for what they suggest in this case but we’ll see where that ends. Their service is pretty good typically so I have high hopes.
    Last edited by AleksanderSuave; 01-08-2022 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    Based on my impatient responses?
    No, all the acronyms.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    Quads anything in particular you like more about the ACC? My understanding is the arca rail being part of the stock and the additional slots for adding weight and customizing where that weight goes is the biggest differentiator for the ACC vs the LSS XL Gen 2 in the badrock setup (with the srs stock). Plus the straight pistol grip instead of slanted/angled.

Only thing I’m unhappy about is learning that the rifle ships with the “long” LOP buttstock configuration and that would only work for giants after adding the folding stock adapter. As it stands, the short SRS mdt stock is sold out everywhere too. I’ve got an email in to them asking for what they suggest in this case but we’ll see where that ends. Their service is pretty good typically so I have high hopes.
    No, that's really it. Lack of ability to run weights, a bag rider, barricade stops, etc. all being key to the full length arca rail. Maybe a NV hood (if you do go down that road, but that's pretty small worlmhole), etc.
    The buttstock, you can easily swap out, or add/remove spacers from the rear to shorten the LOP, depening on which you ended up with. (don't recall the exact stock they put on it) But like you said, at the mercy of MDT.
    I have 5 or 6 things on order from them from Black Friday, which I jsut got noitification that some of the order shipped. They were origonally quoting 12 weeks for the chassis I ordered on thier black friday blem sale.
    Also, the zero degree (straight) grip will work on all of thier chassis, and pretty much any other that uses the same AR style inferface.

Choose from:

BadRock/MDT LSS-XL Gen2 chassis
    13.5 to 14.75 LOP
    Adjustable cheekpiece

MGO Member
    Looks like I can solve a few of the differences. It should have mlok on the sides and bottom, so enough rail spots for extra weight, can also run the buttstock weights the ACC uses (same buttstock from what I see).

also found this:
    https://mdttac.com/m-lok-arca-rail/ and https://mdttac.com/m-lok-barricade-stop/ https://mdttac.com/m-lok-exterior-forend-weights-pair/ to cover the other items.

I heard black friday was one hell of a sale. sad I wasnt shopping then. It looks like its just the ACC interior forend weights that I cant really run the same way as the ACC, outside of that, close enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast