Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Revolvers

Revolvers

Made a trip to TOP GUN in Taylor today. Took a couple pistols & 2 revolvers. The first was my NEW Colt King Cobra. Beautiful gun. The finish on this thing is really outstanding.

Shoots great with 38SP. (I'm Low on 357 Mags). Front fiber optic sight is easy to pick up & is true to point of aim. I shoot at 7 yds. for the most part, & put every round in the 3"x5" oval on a #2 target. Great gun. I picked this one up before the madness hit real bad.

The second one is my Ruger GP100. This one is on par with the colt, except for the fiber optic sight. It is a little bigger than the colt, & heavier as well. Shoots as good as I can muster.
    Though similar in size & all, the Ruger fits my hand better. The Colt has a tendency to BITE my middle finger a bit.
    Bought this gun used a couple years ago, & it has mostly been a safe queen. Almost traded it off awhile back, but that deal fell through. Actually now I'm glad it did. This one is a keeper.
    Also the cylinder release on the Colt seems retarded to me. The Ruger is PUSH to open.

Guy that owned this before me put an idiot scratch on the frame. Any way to blend this in without redoing the whole frame?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member
    Quite the handsome pair! I would try some jewelers rouge (3 grades of grit as I recall) and a soft cloth to see if you can blend it in. I would start under the handle so you can see what it does to the texturing. Better the scratch than a bald spot ima thinkin.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Made a trip to TOP GUN in Taylor today. Took a couple pistols & 2 revolvers. The first was my NEW Colt King Cobra. Beautiful gun. The finish on this thing is really outstanding.

Shoots great with 38SP. (I'm Low on 357 Mags). Front fiber optic sight is easy to pick up & is true to point of aim. I shoot at 7 yds. for the most part, & put every round in the 3"x5" oval on a #2 target. Great gun. I picked this one up before the madness hit real bad.

The second one is my Ruger GP100. This one is on par with the colt, except for the fiber optic sight. It is a little bigger than the colt, & heavier as well. Shoots as good as I can muster.
    Though similar in size & all, the Ruger fits my hand better. The Colt has a tendency to BITE my middle finger a bit.
    Bought this gun used a couple years ago, & it has mostly been a safe queen. Almost traded it off awhile back, but that deal fell through. Actually now I'm glad it did. This one is a keeper.
    Also the cylinder release on the Colt seems retarded to me. The Ruger is PUSH to open.

Guy that owned this before me put an idiot scratch on the frame. Any way to blend this in without redoing the whole frame?
    I whole heartedly agree with the highlighted comments. I picked up a King Cobra from Sportsmen's Warehouse in Lansing last summer and love it. I carry it frequently. I don't notice the finger bite that you mentioned .... but next time at the range I'll be thinking about it!

I am a Forum User
    on any stainless steel pistol, scratches can be "blended-in" to vanish , or at least be be minimized.
    Just have to either sand or polish the scratch until it blends into the steel around it
    On an gun with an unpolished finish , the rest of the gun then has to be polished, or the polished area will be shiny
    & the rest of the pistol will be matte, or unpolished, making the polished area stand- out like a sore thumb.

Could have the entire pistol polished by (you or a gunsmith) with a buffing wheel, less hand work & end up with a very polished pistol.

or just learn to live with the scratch

I am a Forum User
    dbl post
    Last edited by joepistol; 01-15-2022 at 11:22 AM. Reason: dbl post

I am a Forum User
    Would some Flitz improve that?