Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cleanng service for suppresssors

Anybody know an outfit that offers cleaning services for suppressors in the Detroit area Tx.

Why not clean yourself?
    Lighten up Francis.

Not working out like manuel says LOL

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Why clean it at all? Unless it is a .22lr there really is no need.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Gun stopped recycling with the can on it. Glock 19

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michiganfan View Post
    OK, sounds legit

https://www.silencershop.com/blog/po...an-my-silencer

Cleaning actually reduces the effectiveness of a suppressor. I have thousands of rounds through my Silencerco Hybrid, many running FA, and have never had a problem.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Quote Originally Posted by michiganfan View Post
    Probably not the can, but the piston mount/booster assy. Typically just take the can off the booster, remove collar holding piston (threaded on to bbl thing) and remove piston/spring from booster. Spray all parts with gun cleaner, outside of piston and inside of booster, wipe clean. Lightly re-lube inside of booster where the o-ring is. Reassemble.
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

MGO Member
    After you clean it give all the internal parts a light coating of DOT5 brake fluid. It will make future cleanings mush easier, especially a rimfire can.

Tx to all

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    After you clean it give all the internal parts a light coating of DOT5 brake fluid. It will make future cleanings mush easier, especially a rimfire can.
    That's something I would not do. Unless they have changed the chemical composition of break fluid that is death on automotive finishes, I'd be concerned with it affecting the finish on the suppressor along with anything else nearby when firing.

Besides, who needs cleanings to be "mush" easier?
    Lighten up Francis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast