Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    That's something I would not do. Unless they have changed the chemical composition of break fluid that is death on automotive finishes, I'd be concerned with it affecting the finish on the suppressor along with anything else nearby when firing.

Besides, who needs cleanings to be "mush" easier?
    DOT 5 (*NOT* DOT 5.1) is silicone based and shouldn’t hurt paint finishes, unless it gets on a surface you’re about to paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    DOT 5 (*NOT* DOT 5.1) is silicone based and shouldn’t hurt paint finishes, unless it gets on a surface you’re about to paint.
    Good to know! Thanks.

Now for the mush?
    Lighten up Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by michiganfan View Post
    Tx to all
    What can is it? I have a few 9mm cans, my Dead Air Odessa 9 stopped cycling after like 40 rounds because there was an issue with the spring/piston. Dead air replaced them and it's worked fine ever since.
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

aac illusion 9

aac illusion 9
    I googled that can real quick and found quite a few forum posts of reliability issues with it on 9mm handguns. May want to call AAC and have them take a look at it.

Sadly some cans work great on fixed barrels but not so great on most handguns.
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

tx

I am a Forum User
    Gun stopped recycling with the can on it. Glock 19
    Glock 19 tilts the barrel at a pretty steep angle in recoil, plus the stock recoil spring is a little heavier (18 lbs I believe).

My G-19 Glocks are iffy on suppressor operation (at least with my suppressors) when using 147 gr bullets at less than real strong full power loads.

With a clean piston properly lubed I'm usually good to go for a couple of hundred rounds then it needs work & re-lube again.

Same suppressors work great on my G-17's with no work or cleaning. (less barrel tilt & slightly weaker OEM recoil spring)

Cold weather makes my G-19's worse as the lube gets thicker & so slide operation is just enough more sluggish to effect proper cycling with a suppressor.

In any case, I finally got tired of fooling with the cycling issue and having to load major ammo loads just to keep it functioning properly so I just bought some new recoil guide rods and 15pound recoil springs, problem solved. Now just about any 147 gr ammo now functions and cycles properly even on these 5°-8° mornings.

I would really like to shoot a 13 lb recoil spring in my suppressed G-19's (some shooters do) as that allows slightly quieter 147 gr rounds and very smooth cycling. I have tried the 13lb springs but the slide return is just a little soft to make me feel comfortable about it going back into battery when real cold or dirty. (when I shoot a 13 lb spring I verify it is back in battery before next shot). I do shoot using 5.5 lb Wolff striker springs. If I were to drop down to a 4 or 4.5lb striker spring I would have no qualms about using a 13lb recoil spring in my G-19's. A suppressed G-19 with a 13 lb recoil spring is very soft shooting with not much sight lift.

tx

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Does the booster spring compress?
    It’s practically unheard of for a 9mm can to get fouled. Completely unlike .22 cans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12