Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: SKS question

I am a Forum User

SKS question

Recently bought a Chinese SKS. It has all matching numbers and was never fired. It is in immaculate condition. I did put 20 rounds thru her. My question is the serial number is 1,600,000 ish but it has a spike bayonet. I recall reading somewhere that the spike bayonets were not on Chinese SKS rifles until after serial number 9,000,000. Is that correct?
    Also it is not factory 26 as the triangle on the left side of the receiver has a 636 inside it.

Jeff

I am a Forum User
    The info you seek may be in here https://www.yooperj.com/SKS.htm

I had one very similar to yours. Plant 666 as I recall. This was purchased in new condition and it had a blade bayonet. Yet, the bayonet did not stay secured in the closed position. It had about an inch gap from the stock yet was not fully embedded into the stock bayonet groove. After inquiring on several forums, a fellow sent me a couple of bayonets, one being what looked like an older spike bayonet. Lo and behold, this bayonet fit perfectly on the rifle and stayed in the closed position perfectly. So, my thoughts are that this particular gun was never intended to have a blade bayonet yet somehow, perhaps via the importer, an incorrect bayonet was replaced.
    Don't change them - leave them as they were...

I am a Forum User
    I think it is the older Russian or similar SKS rifles that had the blade style.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepjeff View Post
    I think it is the older Russian or similar SKS rifles that had the blade style.
    Some Chinese rifles had the blade bayonet also.

MGO Member
    Yep......the early ones.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User

I am a Forum User
    The blade bayonet had a "skinny" slot in the stock of the rifle while the spade type bayonet had a wider slot cut in the stock. Easy way I use to identify which bayonet came from factory on non-modified rifles. The spade type should not fit in the blade slot.