Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Obtaining an old pistol sales record

Trying to trade in a pistol and the dealer says they need to see my copy of the pistol sales record when I bought it. Its been several years since I bought it and I no longer have the copy of the record. Anyone know how I go about getting it and how long it takes?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AMG08 View Post
    Trying to trade in a pistol and the dealer says they need to see my copy of the pistol sales record when I bought it. Its been several years since I bought it and I no longer have the copy of the record. Anyone know how I go about getting it and how long it takes?
    The dealer is full of it. There's no legal requirement for what they're asking. Honestly, take your business elsewhere.

You can however go to your local PD and request everything that was in your name, however the original form isn't kept.

I would mention the dealers name then move on to another FFl.

I am a Forum User
    Flashpoint in gr tried this on me, asked about a trade with a friend, was told needed guns in hand,ok drove home got guns , return to store. Now owner is the only one who can do that... she out for an hour...ok returned later.... now need both sales records.
    I told her to pound sand

MGO Member
    Why trade versus sell privately? Dealer is gonna screw you on the $$$ end guaranteed.

Yeah. Sell them to each other.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member
    Last I knew Williams required registration form for handguns.
    Some gunsmiths require them just do repairs.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the suggestions. It was Williams in Davison. Now I know. Decided not to trade in anyways, I'll just sell it here.

Thanks for the suggestions. It was Williams in Davison. Now I know. Decided not to trade in anyways, I'll just sell it here.
    Thanks for letting us know! you'll do much better on here.

Is that dealer, Center Mass? They won't let you ship a gun to someone, won't take in a trade, or buy a gun from you unless you have the Pistol Sales Record which is absolute trash.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast