Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    They changed everything. The standard Hi Point barrel, trigger, internals, sights, and mags won't work
    Yep, it even locks up differently, or on the ejection port instead of the barrel/slide lugs.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Awesome!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    Maybe with multiple companies bringing out a new steel frame Hi-Power, someone will bring back a copy of the Browning BDM. Probably not, but you never know.

I do wonder if the market has become over saturated with plastic gripped handguns, and people buying their 3rd or 4th 9mm want something a little "different". The sig P320 with the aluminum AXG grip seem to be quite popular, despite costing hundreds more than the plastic gripped P320.
    I totally agree with this sentiment. I recently went through this myself. I am BORED TO DEATH with polymer striker fired pistols, and have owned examples from nearly all the major players. I whittled the herd down to just one poly double stack, a Sig P320 X-Carry 9mm, and the thought of getting an aluminum AXG grip module is the only reason it's still around. I concluded that I much prefer the substance and characteristics of steel/aluminum or all steel da/sa or SAO pistols and revolvers, and quite enjoy something other than 9mm all the time.

While 9mm poly strikers have certainly proven their worth, I fear that eventually thats all we'll have to choose from. I hope that never happens. Also, I'm probably way to young to be so cantankerous about this (GenX), but I don't think I'm alone in this way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by sadaddy View Post
    I totally agree with this sentiment. I recently went through this myself. I am BORED TO DEATH with polymer striker fired pistols, and have owned examples from nearly all the major players. I whittled the herd down to just one poly double stack, a Sig P320 X-Carry 9mm, and the thought of getting an aluminum AXG grip module is the only reason it's still around. I concluded that I much prefer the substance and characteristics of steel/aluminum or all steel da/sa or SAO pistols and revolvers, and quite enjoy something other than 9mm all the time.

While 9mm poly strikers have certainly proven their worth, I fear that eventually thats all we'll have to choose from. I hope that never happens. Also, I'm probably way to young to be so cantankerous about this (GenX), but I don't think I'm alone in this way of thinking.
    Gen Y here (Millennial ) I agree with you that the plastic guns are boring although practical for many purposes. For some reason they seem disposable, whereas a steel gun is something more timeless/collection-worthy.

I am a Forum User
    Tried a few polymer framed pistols, shooting them enough to try to improve my accuracy with them. Didn't happen.
    I'll concede they're reliable, & accurate for self defense, but mostly mine stay locked up while I shoot my steel framed pistols.

Ask yourself this.. how many use a polymer framed pistol to hunt ? some ? but not many.
    Their popularity increased to the point they have because manufacturers prefer to make them..increases their profit margin, greatly.
    Consider what it costs for material, and labor, to produce a polymer frame vs a steel, or even aluminum one.

Also take a look at how prices for revolvers, esp. S&W, have risen in recent years.
    Same for most all steel pistols.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaddy View Post
    snip... a Sig P320 X-Carry 9mm, and the thought of getting an aluminum AXG grip module is the only reason it's still around. ...
    I have the AXG module on one of my P320's - I can attest that it's really nice shooting. Probably one of my favorites.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

I am a Forum User
    I made the commitment a few yrs back to never buy a plastic pistol ever again. That being said I have zero interest in this new FN offering.

Quote Originally Posted by HKmanlp1 View Post
    I made the commitment a few yrs back to never buy a plastic pistol ever again. That being said I have zero interest in this new FN offering.
    Because it's SAO, because it's not a real hi power ? Some other reason?

I am a Forum User
    Quite frankly it's a *******ized version of a truly classic pistol. I equate it to the people remaking classic films and destroying them. They took away the beautiful lines of the hi power, added some plastic, more controls and somehow added 7 Oz to the gun. But hey I am a old school guy when it comes to my guns, so I maybe jaded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12