Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I can't post links yet! Forum User

Wayne county CPL

I live in Wayne county and have a relative that live in Oakland county the wait in Wayne is 4-5 months Oakland’s is 3 days could I switch my address and then switch it back after I get through the CPL process

You must be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
    could I switch my address and then switch it back
    As in changing your address on your driver's license twice?

MGO Board of Directors

I live in Wayne county and have a relative that live in Oakland county the wait in Wayne is 4-5 months Oakland’s is 3 days could I switch my address and then switch it back after I get through the CPL process
    Line 7a of the application is very clear…
    Primary Residence Address
    Section V, which you have to sign-off, says, in part:
    I understand that intentionally making a false statement on this application is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than four years or a fine of not more than $2,500, or both.
    Short of actually moving-in with your relative during the time period of applying for and receiving your CPL, you'd be committing a felony offense by applying for a CPL in Oakland Co. using your relative's address, even if you got your DL changed and changed back. Changing your DL, then changing it back in a short period of time would likely raise some red flags at the SOS.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    If it makes you feel better...the wait for my Wayne County appointment was about nine months

CPL isn’t connected to drivers license just your address on file

MGO Board of Directors

CPL isn’t connected to drivers license just your address on file
    Question 6a on the CPL application (not optional):

Driver's License Number or Personal Identification Number
    Your DL number is printed on the CPL itself.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    No, wait the 4-5 months.
    I just got done waiting 12 months for an NFA item, those are rookie numbers.

I am a Forum User
    I know I'm late for the party but this is the law regarding the wait for your CPL (From the MSP website). The statement “This receipt was issued for the purpose of applying for a CPL. As provided in section 5b of 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.425(b), if a license or notice of statutory disqualification is not issued within 45 days after the date this receipt was issued, this receipt shall serve as a CPL for the individual named in the receipt when carried with an official state issued driver’s license or personal identification card. The receipt is valid as a license until a license or notice of statutory disqualification is issued by the county clerk. This receipt does not exempt the individual named in the receipt from complying with all applicable laws for the purchases of firearms.”

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by jeepjeff View Post
    I know I'm late for the party but this is the law regarding the wait for your CPL (From the MSP website). The statement “This receipt was issued for the purpose of applying for a CPL. As provided in section 5b of 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.425(b), if a license or notice of statutory disqualification is not issued within 45 days after the date this receipt was issued, this receipt shall serve as a CPL for the individual named in the receipt when carried with an official state issued driver’s license or personal identification card. The receipt is valid as a license until a license or notice of statutory disqualification is issued by the county clerk. This receipt does not exempt the individual named in the receipt from complying with all applicable laws for the purchases of firearms.”
    The issue in Wayne County is that the County Clerk won't ALLOW YOU TO APPLY for weeks, therefore, the 45 days doesn't kick-in until after you are actually allowed to apply.

If you were to schedule an appointment to apply today, the wait would be 14 weeks minimum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast