Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    The issue in Wayne County is that the County Clerk won't ALLOW YOU TO APPLY for weeks, therefore, the 45 days doesn't kick-in until after you are actually allowed to apply.

If you were to schedule an appointment to apply today, the wait would be 14 weeks minimum.
    My CPL is set to expire in 04/04/23 and the Wayne County Clerk sent me a notice that my renewal would be next year but I could apply online now came around 10/13/22. So that is what I did including paying for it. The new CPL cam about 2 weeks later. It was a good thing I looked at the new one before shredding the old one as the new one is set to start on 04/04/23 & end on 04/04/2028. Good thing I looked at it as now I need to carry 2 CPL cards in case I forget and the old one expires and I left the new one at home.

So they got their money early and I now have 2 CPL's, same number different dates.

But they were really fast at the turn-around as that was the reason I decided to do the renewal early in case of a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jziggy101 View Post
    My CPL is set to expire in 04/04/23 and the Wayne County Clerk sent me a notice that my renewal would be next year but I could apply online now came around 10/13/22. So that is what I did including paying for it. The new CPL cam about 2 weeks later. It was a good thing I looked at the new one before shredding the old one as the new one is set to start on 04/04/23 & end on 04/04/2028. Good thing I looked at it as now I need to carry 2 CPL cards in case I forget and the old one expires and I left the new one at home.

So they got their money early and I now have 2 CPL's, same number different dates.

But they were really fast at the turn-around as that was the reason I decided to do the renewal early in case of a long wait.
    What did you do for your 3 hour review?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by jziggy101 View Post

Renewals are handled by the MSP. Wayne Co. has been OK on sending out the renewal notices with the PIN number for online renewal, but MSP was even working with renewal applicants that didn't receive their PIN from the County Clerk.

The issue that I was speaking of is for NEW applicants, which I assumed was the case with the OP since this thread is in the "New to Firearms Ownership" forum.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Then some one should sue the County Clerk

Quote Originally Posted by jlgsailor View Post
    Then some one should sue the County Clerk
    Do you know anyone with deep pockets?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12