Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5694 of 2022 - Expand definition of self-defense spray to allow to be dispensed through a cartridge or projectile from a pneumatic gun

HB 5694 of 2022
    Weapons: other; definition of self-defense spray; expand to allow to be dispensed through a cartridge or projectile.
    Last Action: 1/27/2022 bill electronically reproduced 01/27/2022
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

This bill appears to be attempting to legalize self-defense options such as:

https://www.saltsupply.com

or

https://byrna.com

Are these currently illegal in Michigan? I would think the content of the "spray" would be more in question vs the method of delivery...
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5694 of 2022
    Weapons: other; definition of self-defense spray; expand to allow to be dispensed through a cartridge or projectile. Amends sec. 224d of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.224d).
    Last Action: 2/14/2022 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg....e=2022-HB-5694

MGO Member
    Pepperballs and 40mm, too?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Corsten View Post
    According to the testimony of the bill sponsor, the pepper balls would include usage in "Air Soft" guns.

This brought about concern from a Dem Representative, stating that LE have enough stress already, without having to discern between a "real" firearm and a loaded Air Soft gun with SD pepper balls (that closely resemble a "real" firearm).

I've never seen or heard of SD "pepper ball" ammo for an Air Soft pistol…but…that's the testimony she gave today. All I was aware of was the "paint ball" guns offered by the above two manufacturers noted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsten View Post
    I think the biggest we can get is 37mm.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association