Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

What to top off my VP9 with?

Hello to all and thank you in advance for any suggestions on what works for you!

New owner of a HK VP9 OR and wanting to know what you have riding on top of your
    VP9'S for a RED DOT and for those that EDC them---what IWB holster is used and why?

I am 6'4" and 260lbs (linebacker build) easily shoot both hands, will carry lefty and am cross-eyed dominant so RED DOTS is my
    preferred way to go. Looking at either of HOLOSUN's HE508T-RD X2 or the HS507C X2.

For the above 2 models...is holstering either an issue and what would possibly be the best holster pairing for each?
    Thank you!
    D

I am a Forum User
    You should buy my Swampfox Kingslayer...

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Big fan of Holosun’s pistol ACSS green dot.

The only real differences in the optic you listed are Aluminum vs Titanium and the 508 is about .05" shorter (lower profile) and around a half ounce heavier than the 507. Same clarity, same dot choices, same window size, etc.

Holsters aren't one size fits all comfortably. But there are quite a few options out there for a IWB VP9 with red dot. What feels good to me (CYA or Desantis) might not be as comfy for you. And we both probably have differences in our draw motion - and where the holster is at on the waistband. Make sense? Pick one that works for you - not the masses.
    Holsters are dirt cheap compared to the gun and a red dot, and most stores or shops will let you try different styles out on site.