Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I can't post links yet! Forum User

What scope are you using on your AR-10?

Just got my hands on an AR-10 and would like to attach a scope to it. The problem is there are so many damn scopes out there, haha! So I started doing a bit of search, came across this forum, and here I am asking for some suggestions
    What scope would you recommend for the AR-10 that is quality and has great glass? My budget is somewhere around the $500 range.
    Thanks

What will you be using this AR10 for?

I am a Forum User
    Vortex is a great Company, there CS and Warranty are excellent.

Their Viper line is $500ish.....

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/vort...er-rifle-scope

Built an AR308 (during lock down, nothing better to do) . . . 18" . . . for now it has a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 ...... definitely a weight dif between AR15 & AR308 !
    Last edited by 3rd FocalPlane; 05-22-2022 at 08:14 PM.

Not an AR10, but similar concept. I have a 16” SA58 with a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x. Excellent quality scope, in build and image. I especially like that the 1x is a true 1x without distortion, and the reticle has an illuminated ring for quick shots. This was put together as a do-all go to rifle that I could blast around at 100 or less quickly but still be able to shoot 400-500 yards. It fills the role.

I have a Primary Arms 1-8x ACSS on my RFB. Better reticle, but the quality doesn’t compare. Chromatic aberration at high magnification, always just a bit cloudy/ fuzzy from cheaper glass. Still a good deal for the money, but the gen 1 PST is superior and can still be found places on clearance for $450.

MGO Member
    This week bought my 7th scope from this USA distributor in Westland , MI

https://www.ebay.com/usr/premiumwhol...l25592.5-10x44 Side Focus Mueller Rifle Scope Tactical Target Hunting Sniper Gun mil-dot

https://muelleroptics.com/products/

L@@k at Specs for this at bottom of Ebay page , you may like this new $350 scope for $150 get one before they are gone... 42 sold
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/38393668657...wAAOSwmQdf2PC3
    Last edited by 5.56; 02-12-2022 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpawkelly View Post
    Just got my hands on an AR-10 and would like to attach a scope to it. The problem is there are so many damn scopes out there, haha! So I started doing a bit of search, came across this forum, and here I am asking for some suggestions
    What scope would you recommend for the AR-10 that is quality and has great glass? My budget is somewhere around the $500 range.
    Thanks
    For a $500 budget, the Strike Eagle 1-8 is an option, but I would try and find a used Vortex Viper 1-6 or 2-10 instead. The strike eagle is a "budget" line of Vortex.
    Own it. Respect It. Secure it.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

MGO Member
    I have a Burris xtrII 3-15 on my Ar-10 Great for long range target depends on your goal forthe gun

I am a Forum User
    I have been looking at Arkon optics sh-4 for mine. But depends what you plan on doing with your riffle.

Your use will dictate your decision. So far as your budget, Midway USA often has great deals on optics. I just got the same scope (at Midway) Gunbear has for $500, a steal IMO. you can sort by “percent discount” and bring the deals to the top of the page. I cruise through there often and have found some great deals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast