Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Trigger job

MGO Member

Trigger job

I have a Ruger Redhawk in 45 Colt/ACP. Nice gun lousy trigger. Looking for the best place to get a trigger job in SE Mich

ac

So, you have a 1911 or 45 Long Colt revolver? I ask as you said 45 colt/acp. which tells me 1911..
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal View Post
    So, you have a 1911 or 45 Long Colt revolver? I ask as you said 45 colt/acp. which tells me 1911..
    The .45 Redhawk can shoot either .45 Colt or .45 ACP. Double action, leaf sprung revolver.

They’re a bit more tricky to tune than a super Redhawk with the single leaf, but they can be made better.

Honestly, my SRH improved dramatically with a few nights of snap caps in front of the TV. I had plans of having it tuned, but it smoothed up so well after a couple hundred double action and single action pulls I never had any work done.

MGO Member
    Wolf spring kit and a polish job easy

AH...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    The .45 Redhawk can shoot either .45 Colt or .45 ACP. Double action, leaf sprung revolver.

They’re a bit more tricky to tune than a super Redhawk with the single leaf, but they can be made better.

Honestly, my SRH improved dramatically with a few nights of snap caps in front of the TV. I had plans of having it tuned, but it smoothed up so well after a couple hundred double action and single action pulls I never had any work done.
    I thought so but wasn't sure. Yes, from what I've read on the Ruger Super red have a better trigger out of the box. I did a light stone to the trigger on my super Alaskan and got a wolf spring. This might help the him... Ruger Double Action Shim Kits to Reduce Trigger Pull (triggershims.com)
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

A note on springs, I tried the Wilson kit in my SRH, but didn’t have reliable ignition so I went back to the factory spring. But I believe that’s more due to the small rifle primers the .454 uses. SPP and LPP should be softer and easier to ignite, which is all the .45’s should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    A note on springs, I tried the Wilson kit in my SRH, but didn’t have reliable ignition so I went back to the factory spring. But I believe that’s more due to the small rifle primers the .454 uses. SPP and LPP should be softer and easier to ignite, which is all the .45’s should have.
    Good to know.

Marketplace Moderator
    I would take it to Doug Jones at Accurail. He is a artist gunsmith and very good at his craft. He is my Go-To gunsmith. He is near M59 and Crooks. Very thorough and reasonably priced. His phone number is 12488526490. Good Luck, MOOSE

MGO Member
    You might try the late Jeff Quinns, "Poor Boys Trigger Job". Great for most new revolvers.

https://www.gunblast.com/Poorboy.htm
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    I've also had trigger work done by Doug Jones..on rifles & pistols.
    Have been very satisfied with his work.