Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prism Scope

Prism Scope

Looking for an inexpensive prism scope for an AR-15. I know cheap is not the way to go. I want to put it on my BIL AR without spending many dollars. I will gift it to him so my Sister doesn't get to excited on the $$$ for his JohnJak AR-15 build.

MGO Member
    I’m not sure what you consider inexpensive. Optics Planet has the Vortex Spitfire 1X for $180. These are excellent prism scopes (I own 2) . Good glass, nice reticle, plenty of brightness settings and Vortex Customer Service & lifetime no BS warranty can’t be beat. If that’s in your price range, I highly recommend this scope.

MGO Member
    +1 on the Vortex Spitfire. I own two 3X (for my older eyes ...) and am very pleased.

MGO Member
    I have the SwampFox Blade, and it works really well. I especially like the reticle on it.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

If you think vortex is cheap enough to give away, that's where I would look. For ar15 plinker hunting etc at 100 yards or less it's all you need. They have at least 2 models under 200. If it's because of astigmatism, I tested them both at cabelas at Christmas and they are awesome compared to my primary arms red dot, and my vortex red dot.

If you aren't in a big hurry I would look for used on ebay or ar15.com I bought my vortex prism scopes from both places for quite a bit less than new. And the vortex warranty goes with the scope, not the purchaser. They probably have the best warranty in optics. They have replaced stuff for me that I obviously abused. I tried to buy a mount for a magnifier that I dropped off my atv and they just sent it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Galeforcerm View Post
    If you aren't in a big hurry I would look for used on ebay or ar15.com I bought my vortex prism scopes from both places for quite a bit less than new. And the vortex warranty goes with the scope, not the purchaser. They probably have the best warranty in optics. They have replaced stuff for me that I obviously abused. I tried to buy a mount for a magnifier that I dropped off my atv and they just sent it to me.
    true, not a bad idea.

I think the newer prism stuff has better battery and some features some of the older stuff does not, so as long as you are ok with something that is likely not cutting edge. When it breaks they will upgrade it.

MGO Member
    https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trop.../dp/B00200E0HM

Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight Riflescope ..... also need riser for AR s ... UTG combo at bottom of page.

Top of this Amazon page is SIG and Vortex choices.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trop.../dp/B00200E0HM

Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight Riflescope ..... also need riser for AR s ... UTG combo at bottom of page.

Top of this Amazon page is SIG and Vortex choices.
    trs is not prism technology. It is a good budget, or at least its the cheapest one that is still good. I would consider one on a 22lr for sure.

The vortex prism optics are a good choice. EUROOPTIC has some for a good price on close out. You can get a spitfire for a buck forty.

https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-spi...-spr-1301.aspx

Another option would be Primary Arms offerings.

https://www.primaryarms.com/1+Rifle-...ne+Prism-Scope

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast