Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Kahr e9, K9

I am a Forum User

Kahr e9, K9

I have developed a recent fascination with Kahr pistols. I found an e9 for 399+tax. Is that a good price? The pistol appears to be in good condition although it has definitely been fired a lot. It seems like the K9 is a better option since the sights can be changed, but they sell for a ton online. What is a good price to pay for an e9 and a K9 these days? Let me know!

I have one of the early MK9's. Got it after shooting one and realizing it was almost as accurate as a full sized pistol. Shot the crap out of it in the 90's and around 2007 or so I noticed a crack forming between the barrel hole and recoil hole on the inside of the slide where the two holes came together like a knifes edge. They had left a very thin section that really should of be machined away. Called them up and asked if I could grind out the crack or send it to them to fix before it traveled through the slide and was told just to send it in when the crack was visible on the front of the slide. Took about a year but then after shooting one day it was there. Still shot fine, but I sent it in and they put a new slide on it and gave me new night sites and another mag for my trouble. Only cost me shipping there. The new style slide has that knifes edge milled away to thicker steel. Still shooting just fine, although it's time for night sites again. Don't know when they went to the newer style slide, but it's something to be aware of especially if the gun has been shot alot.

I am a Forum User
    Thank you for the info! I will have to take a look at that. Very happy to hear that overall it seems customer service through Kahr is excellent.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Price seems fair, will definitely go for it.

MGO Member
    That’s a fair price. My last two K9 were $400 used.

I am a Forum User
    Wow - that sounds like the real deal is a K9 for $400. I am still undecided on this e9 but I think I am going to go take another look at it. Thank you guys for your help!