Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Understanding Sig Sights

I have a Sig P229 that has OE night sights on it. They're set up to have a combat hold, and the tritium is getting a bit tired. I want to upgrade to Trijicon HD sights which I love and have on many guns.

For the life of me I can't figure out which number sights I need to get a normal sight picture. Can anyone please help a brother out?

A call to Trijicon should let you talk to a tech that can guild you. I’ve bought front sights from 3/4 different companies and all were able to tell me what height front sight I needed to match my factory rear.
    Sig can answer your question also
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Appears to be SG03.

I am a Forum User
    The combat sight picture is typically #6 front & #8 rear. Isn't a traditional sight picture just having matching front and rear sight height? Typically #8 for both if I'm not mistaken.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbbb14 View Post
    The combat sight picture is typically #6 front & #8 rear. Isn't a traditional sight picture just having matching front and rear sight height? Typically #8 for both if I'm not mistaken.
    Mine looks to be 6 front and 6 rear. From what I understand going to 8 for both will raise POI, which is the type of Trijicons my distributor has in stock.

MGO Member
    Call Sig and talk to someone there, they may take care of it for you. A buddy of mine recently purchased a P365XL and the tritium went out in the front site. He called them and sent the slide out Monday and got it back yesterday on Sig's dime with a new site installed.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I have a Sig P229 that has OE night sights on it. They're set up to have a combat hold, and the tritium is getting a bit tired. I want to upgrade to Trijicon HD sights which I love and have on many guns.

For the life of me I can't figure out which number sights I need to get a normal sight picture. Can anyone please help a brother out?
    Thank you for this post, I have the same gun and same issue.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Call tool tech oxford mi.

Active airport shooter

Excellent info on topic, greenies coming
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast