Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

XS Sights for Remington 870 Pedestal front sight

Picked up a 870 tactical for $380 at Cabelas last week. Love the gun but needed a better front sight as this is a silver bead on pedestal. Looked around and decided on the XS Sights. They have tritium or non tritium that glow with a light source. I decided for $30 more on tritium with orange ring. $62 total I think. It sits on existing sight and has a detent pin to hold it but it needs JB weld to hold it. I started with clear but then realized clear isn’t really great for steel on steel. So I removed it and went with classic gray. Sight and existing bead did need a bit of filing but once I was ready I used a toothpick and put it on. Wiped excess off with Qtip and taped her over nite. Next day I noticed a spot where I had a tiny gap so I mixed up another batch and filled it in. I can honestly say I was skeptical but after it was installed it is awesome. I can pick up the bright orange really quick! I know alot of guys will say you don’t need anything on a shotgun but I’m the guy who says , hey if they got something to help with aging eyes IM IN.
    Just thought you guys would like to hear!
    Keebz

I have fiberoptic orange and green on my various 870 barrels. I bought a williams as a kid almost 20 years ago, first time I saw one. I think people saying that are in denial, trying to be pseudo tough guy etc.

It's one of the best mods you can make on most guns

Have similar on sks, fal, a couple 22 marlins.

I am a Forum User
    I honestly wanted to do the HiViz, but with the pedestal base on mine I wasnt sure how it would look. I seen some clamp on style ones. But then I seen the XS specifically made for my style and jumped on it. Just kinda thinking I shoulda just went with the giant orange sight without tritium. Oh well. I don’t see how anyone would be against this or HiViz, Hell I see guys run $500 eotechs on their shotguns! That’s crazy. Haha. Whatever Floats their boat

Quote Originally Posted by keebz View Post
    I honestly wanted to do the HiViz, but with the pedestal base on mine I wasnt sure how it would look. I seen some clamp on style ones. But then I seen the XS specifically made for my style and jumped on it. Just kinda thinking I shoulda just went with the giant orange sight without tritium. Oh well. I don’t see how anyone would be against this or HiViz, Hell I see guys run $500 eotechs on their shotguns! That’s crazy. Haha. Whatever Floats their boat
    I would have a aimpoint or something on mine if I had the money.