Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

first time 2011 looking for a gunsmith

I'm about to purchase my first 2011. A Bul Armory sas ll tac in 9mm. This is the also the first time I have spent that much money on any gun. I want to customize a few things on the gun, Change the magwel color, thumb safety color and a few more things. I dont trust myself to complete these tasks competently, and so I am looking for a gunsmith in my area to take the job. I'm in the Howell area, any suggestions? Someone that you have used and was satisfied with their work. Thanks.

I am a Forum User
    You need a Cerakoter not a gunsmith

{i dont want to change the coating on the gun I want to customize it

How do you change the color without changing the coating?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    How do you change the color without changing the coating?

I'm no gunsmith, but maybe changing out, or upgrading, a few parts? Maybe using anodized or stainless steel parts? These were options when I assembled my 1911.

Dutch 44, you might want to check with a LGS, they may be able to point you in the right direction. Or, post this question in the General Firearms Discussion thread - you may get a few more responses. I know there are several enthusiasts in your area, but they may not be looking in thus thread.

Welcome to MGO!
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.