Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Motion activated options

Looking for a good motion activated holographic type sight for a 10.5" AR SBR. Currently have a Holosun 510c on another AR and while I like it, I'm curious what else is out there that's similar. Really wish Eotech had this option. I do no want a tube style red dot, must be more the open window Eotech/holographic style. I've been looking, just hoping someone is aware of one I haven't found yet. Thanks.

https://www.sigsauer.com/romeo5xdr-1x20-mm.html. Opps, I did not fully read what you were looking for..
    Join MGO Date 07-25-2007
    AMAC Member

I haven’t really found one with the full size window like the 510c, which is why I own 3 of the things now. I have an older discontinued holosun that has the same reticle and shake awake like on the 510c, but is in a round tube, but haven’t seen them on the market in a few years. I still can’t get past the 510’s package for the price. Big open window, titanium shield over an aluminum body, circle dot, shake awake, solar powered, and auto dimming. Holosun also makes a fully enclosed version, the 512, but it’s more expensive since it’s all titanium.

The only 510 I paid full price for was the FDE/ green reticle, which I think was an optics planet exclusive. If you use gun.deals you can snag them for just over $200 if you wait, which is a steal.

Ironically, the FDE (the expensive one) gives me the only trouble. It’s super capacitor doesn’t hold a charge as long as the other two I have. The reticle blinks every few seconds to let the user know it’s drained. The battery still provides power, but the super capacitor (powered by the solar cell) needs a couple hours in the sun to recharge. All 3 are kept in a dark safe 99% of the time, and even when shooting I’m under an awning most of the time. It’s actually surprising the other two take years to drain the super capacitor when I handle and move them around the safe so often (waking them up). The FDE gets about 6-8 months between sun to get drained.
    Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 02-27-2022 at 10:50 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Holosun AEMS. I've got one in stock.
    https://holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/202.html

Shoot me a text for price.