Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Ruger GP-100 .357 mag SS - 6 inch

As pictured, leather case with Ruger bird logo, bought by my uncle in the 60s for his Ruger revolver.
    Factory plastic case , test cartridge, transfer receipt, plastic bag, lock and copper pin (tool) for front sight removal to exchange for different color. Also Ruger factory double card board shipping box.
    Gun has yellow protection disc and no drag mark on cylinder.
    Value of revolver , value of Ruger leather bible case ( guess it’s factory) , unless it was custom made. Also 400 rounds .357 158 grain ammo.
    Maybe someone knows about leather case. Thx
    AC75C7C5-8D53-44DE-84AD-4D8189360CC7.jpg 35D58F4A-69EC-4697-A500-E5E6C39BB7FA.jpg
    Last edited by 5.56; 03-03-2022 at 06:09 AM.

MGO Member
    Serial pre-fix and a couple numbers, would tell the date of mfr. Not a Ruger trademark on the case, possibly some kind of Phoenix.

Are you saying it is "unfired" or just in excellent condition?

This one had 18 bids a couple weeks ago, little newer than yours I believe.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/923474440

Great gun, the 4" is more popular.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

MGO Member
    Thx for info ..... 2015 MFR. Date - Also on Factory test fired case envelope , and transfer receipt.

Only bullets thru the barrel where fired at factory. I guess they would fire at least 6 to check functionality?
    Last edited by 5.56; 03-03-2022 at 06:07 AM.