Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5873 of 2022 - Create provisional CPL allowing 18 - 21 year old individuals to carry concealed

HB 5873 of 2022
    Weapons: other; provisional license to carry a concealed pistol; create.
    Last Action: 3/8/2022 bill electronically reproduced 03/08/2022
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

I'm not clear as to the distinction. Why not simply lower the minimum age to apply for a CPL from 21 to 18?
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Maybe so it isn’t fully shall-issue?

If a provisional license is only good up to 3 yrs (18-21) and cannot be renewed, applicant would have to go through entire process again? Will LE veiw/treat anything differently; what is the point? Will it be like a vertical driver's license or just add a check box?
    If I were 18, I'd be **ssed that I'm not seen as or treated like an adult thru age discrimination. Whether under this proposal or existing law.

This "provisional" license would be renewed the same as a regular CPL, online or whatever way chosen. I suspect that the reason for the separation of type of license is for reciprocity with other States. This "provisional" license would not be honored in other States without approval of those States. It would be better to not mess with the current agreements on that matter.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I think we should all be treated equally. 18 year olds are adults and should be treated the same. I think my first, albeit restricted, ccw was at 18.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association