Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    If you are not a resident of MI then you will need a CPL ( or some other form of license or permit) from your state of residence to have a pistol in your possession in MI. No CPL no pistol even if you are not carrying. MI only recognizes a CPL from the state you are a resident of.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(hjt...ame=mcl-28-422

(9) An individual who is not a resident of this state is not required to obtain a license under this section if all of the following conditions apply:
    (a) The individual is licensed in his or her state of residence to purchase, carry, or transport a pistol.
    (b) The individual is in possession of the license described in subdivision (a).
    (c) The individual is the owner of the pistol he or she possesses, carries, or transports.
    (d) The individual possesses the pistol for a lawful purpose.
    (e) The individual is in this state for a period of 180 days or less and does not intend to establish residency in this state.
    Last edited by Michaelk; 03-06-2022 at 07:05 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Just keep the empty gun in a locked case, where you can't reach it, and separate from the ammo while traveling.

Never ask a cop about the law.
    Nothing to do with the original question but MI law DOES NOT require the ammo to be separated from the unloaded firearm.
    Ammo CAN be in the same case.

I wish people would stop spreading this UNTRUTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Nothing to do with the original question but MI law DOES NOT require the ammo to be separated from the unloaded firearm.

I didn't say Michigan.
    Traveling through other states may be different.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post

Not entirely UNTRUE, but it is entirely situational and conditional.

review MCL 28-425k(3)

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12