Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Cleaning your optics lens

So I picked up a product recently in my pursuit of endless google shopping called a “gearhank”

Little company out of commerce Michigan.

((Not affiliated in anyway))

But basically they sell custom handkerchiefs and wipes for various uses

They are marketed for glasses, iPhone screens etc..

Well I ordered one and they were a bit backlogged ((no idea the size of the company))

Product arrived ahead of schedule

At first the quality was there, strong stitching, good textures but I used it once and didn’t think anything more..

As I was cleaning my guns today to prepare for spring shooting I couldn’t get fingerprints and cleaning solution off the optics of my guns..

Then I remembered the “gearhank” the thing worked like a charm..

I mean it was really surprising how well it worked for that last wipe of my guns and their optics..

If you’re interested check ‘em out..

I don’t get free stuff or anything but I did want to support the local guy or girl..

https://gearhanks.com/
    Last edited by nrich1979; 03-10-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Your link didn’t work for me.

A heads up though, I noticed you mentioned using cleaning solutions on your optics. I haven’t seen a optic company yet that didn’t warn against using anything but a soft cloth on their lens. Cleaning solutions, especially those containing alcohol or ammonia which will remove the coatings from your lens. Keeping solvents and oils off them when cleaning your guns is a must also, they are very hard on coatings.
    My wife worked for a eyewear manufacture for ~20 years and the only thing they used on lenses was a baby diaper or micro cloth when they became available. She isn’t as fussy as I am about cleaning our eyeglasses, but she still insists on only wiping them with a clean towel or micro cloth where I have been known to use a hanky or shirt tail on occasion. Scopes or binoculars however only see micro cloths and a can of compressed air.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Your link didn’t work for me.

A heads up though, I noticed you mentioned using cleaning solutions on your optics. I haven’t seen a optic company yet that didn’t warn against using anything but a soft cloth on their lens. Cleaning solutions, especially those containing alcohol or ammonia which will remove the coatings from your lens. Keeping solvents and oils off them when cleaning your guns is a must also, they are very hard on coatings.
    My wife worked for a eyewear manufacture for ~20 years and the only thing they used on lenses was a baby diaper or micro cloth when they became available. She isn’t as fussy as I am about cleaning our eyeglasses, but she still insists on only wiping them with a clean towel or micro cloth where I have been known to use a hanky or shirt tail on occasion. Scopes or binoculars however only see micro cloths and a can of compressed air.
    Fixed the link, thanks for the heads up..

I try not to get stuff on them, but over time they get a get filthy.. I've probably done harm over the years to them just by cleaning the guns they are on and not doing a good job covering or removing them first..

These things have a soft side and a "display" side?

The soft side I used today and it worked great.. Your wife would probably approve.