Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Lake City, michigan +44.482147, -85.178525

Basic Radio Communications Class @ MTC on 16-17 July 2022

Register HERE

​Course Overview
    This 2-day radio communications course, taught by Mojave Repeater, will consist of one day of “classroom” type instruction and one day of practical application. Details regarding the packing list, location, start times, and curriculum will be sent to participants in an email prior to the start date of the course.

Students will expect to learn everything that you need to know about communications basics to become an ASSET to your small team, to include:
    • Signal Theory / Wave Propagation
    • Radio Programming
    • Radio Etiquette & Reporting
    • Comm / Signal Planning
    • LOS Analysis
    • PACE Planning
    • Hands-on & Practical Application

YouTube Video

Instructor Bios
    ​Alexander Vallorosi - Mojave Repeater Co-Founder

Alex earned his Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Stevens Institute of Technology in 2018. Following his graduation from college, he commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps.

He attended Officer Candidates School and subsequently the Basic Officer Course in Quantico, Virginia. He was selected to become an 0602 Communications Officer and reported to the Basic Communications Officer Course in Twentynine Palms, California.

After graduation from this course, Alex reported for duty as the S-6 Communications Officer for 3d Battalion, 11th Marines in Twentynine Palms, California. His duties as the primary staff officer of the battalion responsible for communications included planning for operations, maintaining radio equipment, and employing a platoon of 70 communications Marines with various jobs, skills, and experience in support of the battalion’s goals.

Nate George - Mojave Repeater Co-Founder

Nate earned his Bachelor of Science in Quantitative Economics from the United States Naval Academy in 2018. Following his graduation from college, he commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps.

He attended the Basic Officer Course in Quantico, Virginia and was selected to become a Ground Intelligence Officer. Nate then attended the Infantry Officer Course, Scout Sniper Unit Leader Course, Tactical Intelligence Officer Course, and Ground Intelligence Officer Course.

In September of 2019, Nate reported to 7th Marine Regiment in Twentynine Palms, California and was soon transferred to 3d Battalion, 11th Marines to assume duties as the Intelligence Officer. His duties included providing intelligence support to operations as well running the small unmanned aerial systems program.
    - Learn, Train, Master -

LIKE us on FaceBook
    Lake City, Michigan
    44.482147, -85.178525
    Marksmanship Training Center
    A 100% veteran owned and operated business
    Professional Training Services – Competitive Events – Recreational Self Improvement

This is a very interesting idea for a class, which many participants should be able to benefit from.

What type of radio(s) will be used, hand-held, base station, or both? What frequencies will be utilized? Will participants be required to have an amateur radio license before participating? I am sure you know that the license will restrict the band(s) they can broadcast on. I would be interested in seeing a course syllabus before attending, as well as knowing what the tuition will be.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    This is a very interesting idea for a class, which many participants should be able to benefit from.

What type of radio(s) will be used, hand-held, base station, or both? What frequencies will be utilized? Will participants be required to have an amateur radio license before participating? I am sure you know that the license will restrict the band(s) they can broadcast on. I would be interested in seeing a course syllabus before attending, as well as knowing what the tuition will be.
    Click the links in the OP for additional info.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

You are correct, I didn't click the register link. When I did, it really didn't provide anything beyond what was posted. It did provide a YouTube video, which I tried watching. I stopped shortly after the instructor referred to amateur radio operators (HAM's) as "the fudds" of the radio world. He very obviously has not researched what HAM's are doing and are capable of doing. Plus, I am apparently not a "tactical civilian."