Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5903 and 5904 of 2022 - Eliminate statutory "no concealed pistols" zones

HB 5903 of 2022
    Weapons: concealed; government-mandated gun-free zones; eliminate, and allow a business or entity the option to choose.
    Last Action: 3/16/2022 bill electronically reproduced 03/16/2022

HB 5904 of 2022
    Criminal procedure: sentencing guidelines; reference in sentencing guidelines; update. TIE BAR WITH: HB 5903'22
    Last Action: 3/16/2022 bill electronically reproduced 03/16/2022
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

SO, this will take away all the No Concealed Carry zones???

What I saw was a whole lot of gender neutralizing language and nothing about allowing business's or entities the option to choose....
    Did I miss that part?
    MI_XD
    SW Michigan
    ----Hey Joe and A Camal----Oh, and now Stretchy Gretchey
    ---- What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not Understand?"
    -----

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by MI_XD View Post
    SO, this will take away all the No Concealed Carry zones???

What I saw was a whole lot of gender neutralizing language and nothing about allowing business's or entities the option to choose....
    Did I miss that part?
    This bill doesn't specifically "allow" businesses the option to choose since that is already private property rights (even those open to public access). If a bar owner wants to ban concealed carry, they can...but, with the current statutory language, they don't have to since the government has already made that choice for them.

This bill proposes to eliminate 28.425o (no concealed carry zones) and all references to it.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    This bill doesn't specifically "allow" businesses the option to choose since that is already private property rights (even those open to public access). If a bar owner wants to ban concealed carry, they can...but, with the current statutory language, they don't have to since the government has already made that choice for them.

This bill proposes to eliminate 28.425o (no concealed carry zones) and all references to it.
    And thus, unfortunately has zero chance of passing.
    Lighten up Francis.

Sure would be nice for the government to have LESS control. And unfortunately the government giving up control is the one thing that makes this bill unlikely to pass.
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

Just another dog & pony show before the mid-terms.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING