Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Aimpoint CompML2 4 moa

I have two Aimpoint CompML2 red dots. No idea how old they are, and I have not had any issues with them. Should I sell them and buy some new red dots to replace them? Maybe a Romeo7 or Romeo7s?

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    I have two Aimpoint CompML2 red dots. No idea how old they are, and I have not had any issues with them. Should I sell them and buy some new red dots to replace them? Maybe a Romeo7 or Romeo7s?
    Why?

You say you’ve had no issues, and since you have had them for what I take to be some time must like them. If you want a change just for changes sake go for it, but personally I like to keep what works and experiment with totally new equipment.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Why?

You say you’ve had no issues, and since you have had them for what I take to be some time must like them. If you want a change just for changes sake go for it, but personally I like to keep what works and experiment with totally new equipment.
    Just wondering if there is something better for the money now. Not really sure what I could get for the Aimpoints if I sell them anyway. Would be nice to have something with a more common battery and longer battery life.

MGO Member
    I'd trade you the Comp M2 straight up for a Romeo 7. I don't own any Romeo anythings, but I'd go buy one in order to trade for the Aimpoint. Take that for what it's worth.

Totally agree with Corsten, I’d rather have an older ‘quality’ optic rather than a newer one of less quality.

I get your point about batteries, having common stock makes more sense than a drawer full of odd size batteries. But... DL1/3N aren’t all that uncommon and are still readily available. Grab a handful now, battery prices will keep rising.

Quote Originally Posted by huckabuck View Post
    Totally agree with Corsten, I’d rather have an older ‘quality’ optic rather than a newer one of less quality.

I get your point about batteries, having common stock makes more sense than a drawer full of odd size batteries. But... DL1/3N aren’t all that uncommon and are still readily available. Grab a handful now, battery prices will keep rising.
    Thanks for the reminder to buy some batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by huckabuck View Post

Thanks for the reminder to buy some batteries.