Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkataku View Post
    June 20th application in process...... arrive 3-24 2023. So pretty close to the 270 day average. Next one should be second week in April.
    Nice, have fun!
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    #1 was certified June 15, 2022 - 276 days
    #2 was certified June 16, 2022 - 279 days
    Good to see your second came thru.

Quote Originally Posted by bentstick View Post
    All notification and copy of the Form 4 was sent to the County Sheriff Dept when I started this process, now that the approval came through they have to send notification that it was approved and it will be shipping into county/ my address soon, is my understanding. My brain has a hard time following all the what fors and where ins most of the time. Nun the less, my suppressor was approved and should have it in hand by first week of April been a long wait fer sure!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Who told you that?
    Once it’s approved you fill out your 4473 and pick it up, and no need to put your SSN down again actually since it’s on the approved Form 4.
    Your only requirement is to notify CLEO of your intent, and unless something has changed in the last 45 days since I picked up my last stamp, you only notify them once.
    Please site your source.
    Agreed, I’ve never heard any whisper of the process bentstick is describing. Actually mostly the opposite, 41f/p put the onus for CLEO ‘notification’ on the applicant, there is nothing else in the written process that even approaches what he is describing.

We would love to know where you’re getting this info bentstick.

MGO Member
    Not getting info from anyone, it is what I am going through ATM through Silencer Central to get my silencer, call BS all you want, but I'am following direction to get my product to me, maybe I should be a lawyer to get this done better, but oh well Iam not, will share all my E-mails since approved but not on open form PM me with a real Name and E-mail. My first go around with a NFA item, will I go this route again OH NOOOO, will do everything at the FFL I use or have dealt with before.

MGO Member
    And I have not done anything in person its all been over the Net through Silencer Central so take it what its worth, and again It should be in my hands soon....

Your digital signature has been received—thank you!

Here’s what’s next:

We are required to notify your local law enforcement agency that we are shipping your silencer(s) to you. After confirmation that they have received our notification by certified mail, we must wait 7 days before we can ship to you and then it’s #silencedelivered! You will receive a shipping notification with tracking information once shipped. Please note: tracking may not be live for 5-7 business days. Adult signature required at time of delivery.

Then, tell us how we did! Share your experience here.
    Questions? Email us at customerservice@silencercentral.com or call 888-781-8778.

Thank you,

Silencer Central

4901 N 4th Ave.

Sioux Falls, SD 57104

888.781.8778 | www.silencercentral.com

Best I can do for you fellas!
    Last edited by bentstick; 03-24-2023 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bentstick View Post
    And I have not done anything in person its all been over the Net through Silencer Central so take it what its worth, and again It should be in my hands soon....

Your digital signature has been received—thank you!

Here’s what’s next:

We are required to notify your local law enforcement agency that we are shipping your silencer(s) to you. After confirmation that they have received our notification by certified mail, we must wait 7 days before we can ship to you and then it’s #silencedelivered! You will receive a shipping notification with tracking information once shipped. Please note: tracking may not be live for 5-7 business days. Adult signature required at time of delivery.

Then, tell us how we did! Share your experience here.
    Questions? Email us at customerservice@silencercentral.com or call 888-781-8778.

Thank you,

Silencer Central

4901 N 4th Ave.

Sioux Falls, SD 57104

888.781.8778 | www.silencercentral.com

Best I can do for you fellas!

Not doubting that’s what you’ve been told at all-it’s just that neither I or the others that have posted on here have ever heard of anything like this process. It’s got to be unique to SC and their home delivery, very interesting indeed.

I have 22 stamps- some Form 1 some Form 4 and have never once heard of this. Nor can I find any ref on NFA/ATF site that says this is how it ‘has’ to proceed.
    They are not required to do any of that. They only Form 3 it from themselves to whomever you’re using as the NFA dealer.
    Now maybe SC is doing this of their own policy but to say they are required is a bit disingenuous. Unless they are making some weird reference to the Form 3.
    Whatever. That alone would make me never use them again. SilencerShop has always been east to deal with.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I have 22 stamps- some Form 1 some Form 4 and have never once heard of this. Nor can I find any ref on NFA/ATF site that says this is how it ‘has’ to proceed.
    They are not required to do any of that. They only Form 3 it from themselves to whomever you’re using as the NFA dealer.
    Now maybe SC is doing this of their own policy but to say they are required is a bit disingenuous. Unless they are making some weird reference to the Form 3.
    Whatever. That alone would make me never use them again. SilencerShop has always been east to deal with.
    I have a couple stamps as well, and as I said I’ve never heard of the process either.

However, I’m willing to give bentstick benefit of the doubt here as I have never done business with Silencer Central and he is currently, AND I know they have a unique ’Delivered to your home’ process. So in my mind, perhaps as they’re not sending the device to a local Class 3 SOT in the interim, and once they have ATF approval, they’re somehow processing the transaction to deliver the device directly to him, they have some unique and unheard of process that requires this.

I say this because previously in dealings with Silencer Shop, they had some unique and non-standard methods for processing paperwork I had never seen previously, that were the result of their own unique and specific negotiations with the ATF. Now, most of these have since become commonplace and standard with digital signatures, e-filing and the like, but at the time, years ago, they were specifically approved for their use because a slew of lawyers negotiated them with the ATF on their behalf.

Just my best guess, I could be off base, but I know Silencer Central has a home delivery deal, and I’m guessing that plays a part in this somehow.
    Last edited by balrog006; 03-26-2023 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    I have a couple stamps as well, and as I said I’ve never heard of the process either.

However, I’m willing to give bentstick benefit of the doubt here as I have never done business with Silencer Central and he is currently, AND I know they have a unique ’Delivered to your home’ process. So in my mind, perhaps as they’re not sending the device to a local Class 3 SOT in the interim, and once they have ATF approval, they’re somehow processing the transaction to deliver the device directly to him, they have some unique and unheard of process that requires this.

I say this because previously in dealings with Silencer Shop, they had some unique and non-standard methods for processing paperwork I had never seen previously, that were the result of their own unique and specific negotiations with the ATF. Now, most of these have since become commonplace and standard with digital signatures, e-filing and the like, but at the time, years ago, they were specifically approved for their use because a slew of lawyers negotiated them with the ATF on their behalf.

Just my best guess, I could be off base, but I know Silencer Central has a home delivery deal, and I’m guessing that plays a part in this somehow.
    If that's the case, then you are probably right. Like I said on the previous post, it could be SC's own policy and if they are doing a home delivery, guess that's how they get around it. Guess it saves paying the transfer fees, but sounds like it adds time.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

If that's the case, then you are probably right. Like I said on the previous post, it could be SC's own policy and if they are doing a home delivery, guess that's how they get around it. Guess it saves paying the transfer fees, but sounds like it adds time.
    Thing is though, at that point it wouldn’t really be their voluntary policy-it would be their required procedure due to their special agreement with the ATF for their negotiated process.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast