Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Any Experience with Boy's gun Stocks?

I'm considering getting a laminated wood Boyd's Gun stock and forend for my Mossberg 500 and I was curious if anyone had ever installed one? Your thoughts? Was it fairly simple? Any help would be appreciated

I am a Forum User
    I've done a R700, Savage Mk2 and Tikka rifles, added pillars and bedded 'em. The wood for the laminated stocks is sorta soft, but it carves easy.

I would think a shotty would be very simple, like take it apart and put it back together. Boyd's makes 'em by computer, I'm betting it'll fit no problem.

I am a Forum User
    I've broken 2 with my TC compass in 300 Win Mag. They break at the front action screw. I plan to bed the replacement and see if that helps. Their reasoning was I shoot it too much

Have one on a Ruger American in 17hmr. Looks awesome but had to do alot of grinding & sanding to get it to fit right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    I got one for my Ruger M77-44Mag. I didn’t have to do anything special to get it to fit, but it’s a short range brush hunting rig so I wasn’t worried about bedding or anything. It worked well enough and looks great with the rest of the work I’ve done to the rifle.

i like them because the laminate is fairly weather proof which is what I wanted for the setup vs what I was originally being blued steel and a standard walnut stock.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I’ve done a couple of their laminates for my rifles, M700s and a MarkX Mauser style action. Some required a bit of barrel fitting all were glassed but the fit wasn’t all that bad to start. For the most part not at all hard to fit. I did find the different woods in the laminate took the finish a bit different for each other and when sanding some layers are harder then others so you need to pay attention to what is happening as you go.
    I would have no problem useing them for a new stock for your shotgun, I think you’ll find they are the manufacture of a lot of shocks other makers use such as Savage or Mossberg and they have inletting down pretty good.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray