Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pepper spray

MGO Member

Pepper spray

Bought my family members Saber brand key chain pepper spray a few years ago and feel it's time to replace them more so because their cheap. Other then someone spraying a paper target on YouTube it's hard to find first person accounts of actual use? So the question is anyone here ever use one? Gel or Spray, Best brand? Thanks!

I’d stay away from pepper spray to be honest- most people can’t focus on a real crisis to not spray them selves in the face

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCC View Post
    I’d stay away from pepper spray to be honest- most people can’t focus on a real crisis to not spray them selves in the face
    Those people shouldn't have guns either, if that's the case.
    At my former place of employment, we sold cases of Sabre. It was especially popular when parents were sending their daughters off to college.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    At my former place of employment, we sold cases of Sabre. It was especially popular when parents were sending their daughters off to college.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCC View Post
    And you are qualified to advise how?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Ditto
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Member
    So........ Back to the question, any first hand accounts?

I am a Forum User
    I forget what the video is called but Trek from MDFI goes over all his recommendation for pepper spray and other less than lethal options. I believe he does it with a group called practically tactical. The video can be found on YouTube.

I am a Forum User
    Pepper gel is nasty. It acts like napalm in that it sticks and does NOT come off easy. If it's on your skin, you can't scrub it off or shower it off without making it worse. I made that mistake after some training with a local security company. The hot water opens your pores allowing more in, and the water dilutes the gel residue making it run and spread over any exposed skin.

It's also a more concentrated deployment, so less chance of getting blowback in wind and less contamination of indoor spaces than you would get with a normal spray. Also think about getting a marking spray. Some places (including SABRE) offer gels with a UV dye that they say wears off after about 48 hours. BS. It's closer to 96. If the cops get involved, that makes it WAY simpler to ID a suspect.

Is FOX still one of the best sprays?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast