Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pepper spray

Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    I literally just went through the 2021 Law Enforcement & Corrections Division Instructor training last month because we are considering allowing our church security team carry pepper spray, and wanted to be able to train them.

Basically, Spray can affect the eyes and also the respiratory system. There are pepper spray bombs you can set off in a hallway if your building had an active shooter in it, or for use against crowds and riots. Downside of spray is any area with lots of people, others can be affected.

Gel, you mostly need to target and hit hit them in the eyes, spray ear to ear. It affects the respiratory system less than sprays. It's mostly to temporarily blind your opponent.

In the setting of a place of worship, we would go with the gel, to reduce the risk of collateral damage. If I was carrying outside walking my dog, I'd carry a spray.

Saber seems to have the best lab in the industry for QC of the spray from batch to batch.
    so is my kimber gel? It seemed gel like, but i sprayed the dog twice he took off, I didn't get to see it up close.

Do you know of a spray that is gun shaped for a quick draw ? I do not want to try to orientate a cannister, I have a fox and ruger rebranded I thin fox small can. I am sure it works, but not a quick way to get it out of a pocket. Good to carry with hand in your pocket going into and out of a story etc with finger near the lever/trigger. I walk 2 miles every day. I cannot walk like that.

MGO Member
    I believe the Kimber Pepper Blaster shoots a liquid shot and not a gel. You can still get some secondary exposure.
    I don't really know of any other gun shaped devices, except for the Kimber & Mace Pepper Gun, which is pretty big.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

I am a Forum User
    You might be interested in this https://youtu.be/2w7UnCXvd0g

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    so is my kimber gel? It seemed gel like, but i sprayed the dog twice he took off, I didn't get to see it up close.

Do you know of a spray that is gun shaped for a quick draw ? I do not want to try to orientate a cannister, I have a fox and ruger rebranded I thin fox small can. I am sure it works, but not a quick way to get it out of a pocket. Good to carry with hand in your pocket going into and out of a story etc with finger near the lever/trigger. I walk 2 miles every day. I cannot walk like that.
    https://jpxintl.com/

https://miholsterco.com/jpx-stealth/

An option. I had edc appendix carried one support side for a number of years and definitely fits the gun shape quick draw criteria.

MGO Member
    Having dealt with several different types and brands PCA's I'd go with Fox brand and go with a stream type spray. The cone pattern sprays (foggers) are diverted too easily by wind and the range is not as good as the stream type. The gell PCA's just plain suck. The range is terrible and unless you get a direct hit in the eyes they are not that effective. And that range with the gells deteriorates quite rapidly with age.

I'm not sure if the Fox 5.3 in a PCA is available to the general public. There would be no competition in what you would want to carry if it is.

Oh and for the record if you need to ever decontaminate Fox labs decontamination wipes are nothing more than baby wipes with sugar added. Sugar is the best and most effective way to counteract the effects of the heat from peppers, oleoresin capsicum, the OC in sprays.

And for those that are worried about deploying in a stressful situation, buy several inert trainers and train with them frequently. You would be surprised how much muscle memory takes over in a stressful situation.

I am a Forum User
    Here's another vote for Fox...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bravo_echo View Post
    Here's another vote for Fox...
    I was an OCAT instructor years ago at a former employer. We carried FOX Labs (in the early 2000s). It works very well, has a long activation time and has the UV dye. I got hit with it in instructor training and it was definitely not something I ever want to do again. Worst was that night in the shower I discovered I didn’t manage to was ALL of it out of my hair with the hose earlier in the day.. it still burned…ALL the way down..plus that night my coworker and I decided to go to a local mall for dinner and kill some time (we were traveling out of state for the class) and walking past a Spencer Gifts (remember that store?) the black light in the window that made all the Phish and Everclear posters glow lit us up like we were in a rave.

Today however, I carry the Kimber pepper blaster in addition to my G26. I like the muscle memory aspect more of the pistol shape, it isn’t as susceptible to the extreme heat and cold as a traditional spray (because it’s essentially piston fired) and you don’t necessarily have to worry about the nozzles getting clogged overtime. For $40 it worth it IMO…I spend more money on dumber **** anyhow. Or you can go full on and go with the JPX Jet Protector but that’s a lot more money.

https://jpxintl.com/shop/pepper-guns...hot-cartridge/

carried Fox on duty for years and it does work better than anything else.

MGO Member
    i took when a gun is not an option with MDFI - seriously worth the half a day investment and the price of admission.

my big takeaway from WAGINO is that OC will take anywhere from 30 seconds to 30+ minutes to work depending on the person and type of OC deployed. its not an instant incapacitation like TV and Hollywood make it out to be. secondary contamination can be a real issues not only from blow back but can come from any type of grappling or physical contact after deployment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123