Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numbu type 14

I am a Forum User

Numbu type 14

I've got an opportunity to purchase a ww2 bring back nambu from an elderly relative, he sent me pics of said gun. It has 2 mags and the original holster, he says he's never fired it. He did not bring this back from ww2 , not that old.
    But the pics show the barrel to be a s&w barrel, looks like from a revolver. Very clearly a half moon front sight
    Anyone ever heard of this? He claims it's chambers a 38spl but advised not to try to fire it(and I agree)

https://imgur.com/a/hEIlq6g
    Last edited by .38special; 04-09-2022 at 11:48 AM.

I am a Forum User
    The date mark is19.10 but I'm not sure how to translate that yet

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by .38special View Post
    The date mark is19.10 but I'm not sure how to translate that yet
    Oct of 1944 I believe

MGO Member
    Would appreciate seeing pictures. Can't imagine that .38 special would come close to fitting in a Nambu magazine. I'm thinking this will be a wall hanger. However the holster and mags would bring a good price.
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

I am a Forum User
    I figured out how to do pics just for this!

https://imgur.com/a/hEIlq6g

I am a Forum User
    Is the barrel a separate piece? The front sight doesn't look right either. Someone may have just frankensteined the gun.

Here's a picture of my Type 14. The barrel is part of the receiver.
    20220409_125911.jpg
    20220409_125918.jpg
    Last edited by GreaseMonkeySRT; 04-09-2022 at 12:06 PM.

MGO Member
    Your gun has been re-barreled. 8mm nambu is hard to find and extremely expensive. The gun originally had a 1 piece upper/barrel. Also, it's not the correct holster for a 8mm last ditch nambu.20220213_151322.jpg
    Last edited by LongAction; 04-09-2022 at 05:36 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by LongAction View Post
    Your gun has been re-barreled. 8mm nambu is hard to find and extremely expensive. The gun originally had a 1 piece upper/barrel. Also, it's not the correct holster for a 8mm last ditch nambu.20220213_151322.jpg
    I know where there's a barrelfor sale, would it go back together with a stick barrel?

MGO Member
    Not a Type 14 holster. Appears to be European. Looks like the barrel is marked Colt. Undoubtedly originally for a rimmed cartridge. A new barrel may not help since the slide had to be threaded for the new barrel. Think it would be cost prohibitive to turn this into a shooter. YMMV
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat12 View Post
    Not a Type 14 holster. Appears to be European. Looks like the barrel is marked Colt. Undoubtedly originally for a rimmed cartridge. A new barrel may not help since the slide had to be threaded for the new barrel. Think it would be cost prohibitive to turn this into a shooter. YMMV
    This is a piece of history, I'm willing to pay a little extra to restore it, as for the holster, I've got a weapon history book that shows it with a baby nambu, but I can't find another reference anywhere to it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast