Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Numbu type 14

MGO Member
    If you do an image search for Baby Nambu holster, you will find that it is the same "clamshell" type as the full size Nambu.
    The only way to return it to the original 8mm Nambu would be to buy an over sized barrel blank, chamber it for 8mm Nambu, thread it for whatever threads are on the slide, lathe it to the proper contour, and add a front sight. You'd probably spend more than you could pick an authentic example on Gunbroaker.
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat12 View Post
    If you do an image search for Baby Nambu holster, you will find that it is the same "clamshell" type as the full size Nambu.
    The only way to return it to the original 8mm Nambu would be to buy an over sized barrel blank, chamber it for 8mm Nambu, thread it for whatever threads are on the slide, lathe it to the proper contour, and add a front sight. You'd probably spend more than you could pick an authentic example on Gunbroaker.
    The barrel seems to be an one piece upper? I thought I could just change out the whole upper... either way is a neat curiosity

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by .38special View Post
    I've got an opportunity to purchase a ww2 bring back nambu from an elderly relative, he sent me pics of said gun. It has 2 mags and the original holster, he says he's never fired it. He did not bring this back from ww2 , not that old.
    But the pics show the barrel to be a s&w barrel, looks like from a revolver. Very clearly a half moon front sight
    Anyone ever heard of this? He claims it's chambers a 38spl but advised not to try to fire it(and I agree)

https://imgur.com/a/hEIlq6g
    Update!!!!

Finally received the pistol,
    good news is, it's a number matching gun with original parts
    Bad news, the firing pin is broken(the release tab) and someone changed it the barrel for a colt army .38 barrel

Anyone know if the barrels thread in? Or possibly pressed in? Can it be changed back?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12