Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Lightbulb Grand Rapids FFL dealers

Hello all gun owner friends!
    I shop locally very often for my firearms but as of late I have been buying online. My local dealers charge $50 for transfers. It seems a little steep for me, so I wanted to check around and see if there are any other options around GR? I love my local dealers but I also love to save some cash here and there.

sounds like a google search and a few phone calls are in order.
    there is also a gun and knife show coming up there, and there are always a few local FFL there.

I pay $25 . . .but I'm 1 hour south of you

Go to gunbroker click on the "buy" headder at the top of their page to go to their buyers page. Once there look at their "find a FFL" listed in the "buyer" section at the bottom of the page or the "areas of intrest" located at the top right of the page. You can enter your zip code and find local FFL dealers near you, most list what they charge.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Where in the GR area are you?

Along with Moleman-‘s suggestion there are other FFL databases online you can search and find a local shop or independent FFL for your transfers that is less than $50.

I dealt with one individual (not shop based) FFL for years in the Caledonia area who charged $20, but after the first couple he only asked for $10 each time. Find a guy and build a relationship, you never know what you can find.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I charge $35 in Hastings

MG Kelley in Middleville charges $25 (I think) and he is closer to you.

MGO Member
    Mr gun dealer, on 28th near east belt line. No problem w/ GB, 35 buck transfer fee. I recently tried a fellow in jenison who was 25, and had to write everything out, mr gun was all electronic. So it’s a question of if the ten dollars saves me the hassle of writing lol.

I am a Forum User
    Imperial gunworx in Sparta is35$for long guns and 45$for pistols

Plus 1 for Coctailer's post, he and MG Kelly are both good guys.. You won't go wrong with either one.

Tim, the owner of MG Kelly, has a large stock of MilSurp stuff and a lot of accessories for MilSurp in stock. More modern stuff to of course. Only downside are his shop hours can vary sometimes. I've used him for FFL for GB sales and buys. Some FFL's won't take a GB transaction that doesn't ship from an FFL. Tim will receive of course but he will also ship for you, cheaper than doing it yourself.

Coctailer is a suppressor go to guy as well as FFL. Super knowledgeable and open very convenient hours.
    Last edited by Mkc451; 04-15-2022 at 11:49 PM.

I use this guy for most of my transfers. He is located in Jamestown.
    https://www.guntrustdepot.com/FFL-De...ealer?id=43305
    Join MGO Date 07-25-2007
    AMAC Member

I am a Forum User
    Thanks guys. That’s very helpful!