Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    I focus on the bad guy, when the laser gets there, pull the trigger.
    (Well... in theory. Never had to deal with that kind of bad guy yet.)
    Your point shooting will bring the gun into the right area, the laser just verifies when to shoot.
    In point shooting looking for, mentally waiting for that dot's verification that now it is OK to shoot, is what slowed me down and took my attention off the target. Looking for the dot was an extra step that didn't increase or decrease accuracy. Just made me slower taking the first shot and slower on subsequent shots waiting to see the dot first.

I really don't want anything to slow me down when responding to a threat that is within 3 to 6 feet from muzzle point shooting only distance. Any hesitation on my part at that distance gives the bad guy an opportunity I don't want him to have. And if I train to look for the dot then fire that is what I will do when I shouldn't.

Came back to add:
    We are all different so the best we can do is keep what works for us and discard that which doesn't work.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 04-26-2022 at 09:43 AM.
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    In point shooting looking for, mentally waiting for that dot's verification that now it is OK to shoot, is what slowed me down and took my attention off the target. Looking for the dot was an extra step that didn't increase or decrease accuracy. Just made me slower taking the first shot and slower on subsequent shots waiting to see the dot first.

I really don't want anything to slow me down when responding to a threat that is within 3 to 6 feet from muzzle point shooting only distance. Any hesitation on my part at that distance gives the bad guy an opportunity I don't want him to have. And if I train to look for the dot then fire that is what I will do when I shouldn't.

Came back to add:
    We are all different so the best we can do is keep what works for us and discard that which doesn't work.
    3 to 6 feet you won't need or see the laser.
    (or any other sighting aid.)

Agreed, use what works best for you.

32 posts and no one has mentioned dot size I find that a larger 6.5 dot can be acquired faster than a smaller 3.25 on my RMO's.

Still don't have one on my edc though.

I am a Forum User
    Yes, dot size does make a difference, I have a 6 moa dot on my HD shotgun, and 3 moa dots on my target pistols. The 6 moa dot is definitely easier to acquire in a hurry. if I could have found an 8 moa at the time, I would have went with that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234