Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have a friend that would take an empty case and tell her he was going to the range...except he bought another gun and it came home in the now full case.

Into the safe for a while and when he got it back out he would answer her question with "what, that old thing? I've had it forever."

The moral is: they got a divorce after 46 years. I can't fathom how he lasted that long.

I just wanted to add this. Jimsig is the man and my hero!!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    I have a friend that would take an empty case and tell her he was going to the range...except he bought another gun and it came home in the now full case.

Into the safe for a while and when he got it back out he would answer her question with "what, that old thing? I've had it forever."

The moral is: they got a divorce after 46 years. I can't fathom how he lasted that long.

I just wanted to add this. Jimsig is the man and my hero!!
    Miss you my friend.. The weather is warming up and hopefully will see you at one of the steel shoots..

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mhammady View Post
    It's not about permission, it's about she doesn't like them. Regardless of my point of view, I don't want to push for something that she already has bad feelings about... IMO this is not how we should push relationship boundaries
    I admire your attitude on how to treat your relationship with your wife.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    I think everyone has covered the legal aspect well.

One idea you might want to consider is just buying an optic-ready slide for the gun you have, assuming you like the gun, and the slide is available.
    That way you are not buying a new gun, and you can simply swap the slide to go from iron sights to optic and back. Screwing on and off the optic is more pain if you want to be able to go back and forth.

Thank you j-squared... I agree it is a pain and has been... I like the current gun (for self-defense), and I discovered later that RDS is better for me than iron sights, so I tried MANY. I added an adapter (outerimpact) to enable the RDS to be put. The RDS always loses the zero on this gun. The other one I have came with the RDS and it just worked great for thousands of shots... I investigated the possibility of milling my slide (e.g. with jagerwerks) but a lead time of 8 weeks was discouraging for me.

Another aspect was the cost; my gun ~$500 (new) + RDS ~$250 + Slide milling ~$150 (or new slide ~$250) didn't make any sense to me, especially that the one that I like with RDS and more capacity retail ~$900 but I was able to order it for ~750 with $50 factory rebate!!

Thats why I want to sell mine...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123